Hello! I'm a newbie!

Options
Morning all!

I'm Lucy, I'm 32 and addicted to food!

I have to lose at least 8kg to undergo some hospital treatment that is very important to me but to be honest, I've been gradually stacking on the pounds for the last decade so I'm going to try very hard to do something about it! So in total, I'd like to lose 22kgs but I'm aiming for the 8 first and think that once thats gone, I might have changed my eating habits enough to stick at it.

Exercise isn't a problem for me as I'm a bit of a gym bunny, I just then over eat so the weight never comes off. A bit of a vicious circle really.

I've been watching Secret Eaters on Channel 4 which made me realise I have a lot of the same excuses and issues as the people on there and if I don't sort it out, I will turn into a blob!!!

L

Replies

• alinda1229
    Options
    Well I think this will help you I know it has helped me sooo much and I have just been using loike 3 weeks maybe a couple days left in the first week I lost like 15 pounds I didnt even know you could do that. It makes me be so awar of what I am eating i love it
  • 6march91
    6march91 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Lucy, im a newbie here too, feel free to add me :) hopefully we can motivate each other.. Good luck!!
  • Tazzhazzamoose
    Options
    Hi Lucy, I'm new too. Joined yesterday! I watch secret eaters too :p I really hope this website works.
  • jai163
    jai163 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hello i am jade. i watch sercet eaters too. made me realase what i was doing to my body x x
  • basbu
    basbu Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am basbu and i looove food..I have just started off with fitness pal and i am loving it already ,,,I also kicked off with jillian michael 30 day shead and i must say it is some bad *kitten*..i am in level one and i have wayyyyyyy to go ...I am following southbeach diet also ...i am liking the fact that phase 1 i can have as much of meat but hating that i cant have sugar ..:(:indifferent: :ohwell:

I would love to know if there is any exercise routine that has some serious results ..I am looking for exercises not more than 20 min ..

Thanks in advance..
  • mish2006
    mish2006 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm anewbie as well. I have been battling my weight for awhile because I had PCOS. I recently have had a full hysterectomy and I am only 32! Any suggestions on weight loss
  • Sacredmoonglow
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new here too. I'm a busy mom with some health issues.
    While I don't seem grossly overweight or even overweight to some
    I am and it shows in my BMI and ideal weight charts.
    It also shows in my general discomfort (I think) I recently found
    out I'm about 15 pounds overweight. Not that much but not that little.
    I generally yoyo and rarely weigh my self. But I decided it's not just the weight,
    it's good to be healthy too. Thank you all for being an inspiration.
    I see people here with much bigger goals and I admire your diligence and drive
    And I salute you all for your efforts. I'm excited and hoping to learn
    A lot. : ) I'm interested in healthy recipes. I feed 2 boys because I cook for my hubby and son. As you might imagine
    light cooking is not so popular! Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you
  • andrewandme2
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Becky. I am almost 34 years old. I just started myfitnesspal 3 days ago. I am in the beginning process of having bariatric surgery. I will have a gastric sleeve in about 2-3 months, hopefully. I have been advised by my surgeon that I have to lose 10% of my weight prior to surgery, that is 29 pounds. They want me to lose 25-30 pounds in the next couple months. The dietician has put me on a 1600-1700 calorie diet for the next 4 weeks until I see them again in mid-July.

I have tried everything to lose weight in the past.... Weight Watchers, medically supervised liquid diet, South Beach, Atkins, etc... The diets all work for me...until I quit them...and then I seem to keep it off for awhile. But then it comes back...and then some... So, I have decided that I need some permanent help; that's why I have decided to go the bariatric surgery route. This is not something I have done rashly...it has taken a lot of thought and soul searching to decide that I have to do this to change my life.

My son is almost 13 years old and I want to be around for at least the next 30-40 years to see him grow up and have children. I realized that if I continue to go down the path I am currently on that may not be possible for me....and that's just unacceptable.
  • skinnyroostyroo
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie too. I've just come back from fitness boot camp where we were on 1200 calories a day. As the food was all prepared for us it was very easy but once I got home I found its a lot harder to maintain the calorie intake. This app is brilliant and as I am not a very good cook i can just scan the barcode on my shop bought items and I'm away. I am so happy and excited about hitting my targets!!!!
  • kraj8995
    kraj8995 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi ,
    I am a new user for this site and i want to loose my wait so i am just looking for a fitness trainer..