How often to record measurements?

Options
Do you record your weight and measurements daily, weekly, or how often?

I was recording my weight daily, but the fluctuations (I weight my self at the same time every day - 4:15 AM) were annoying me. So, now I am recording weekly.

Replies

• TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've stopped as mine are staying the same in some areas, and getting bigger in others
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every wednesday morning, and then once a month i take my measuments. That way I know I see progress!
  • chlorure
    chlorure Posts: 5
    Options
    I weight myself and take my waist measurement every 3 or 4 days. I'm on day 16 and I only started taking my other measurements today, but I'll take them every 2 weeks (long enough to see some results, but it won't be spectacular anyway since I only plan to lose 12 pounds)
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily, but only log when I hit a new low. Probably not the best method, but it works for me,

Measurements happen on the 1st of every month. I see changes here basically every month so I log those every time.
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale daily just to see where I am at. If I am up or no movement, I don't record it. I have not taken any measurements yet but I did buy a measuring tape today.
  • shellibelli1986
    Options
    can anyone reccommend the best foods to eat to gain weight? thanks
  • Bding123
    Bding123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I record my weight and my measurements weekly which might seem a bit excessive. But the programme I am doing means that I lose more inches than I do weight (weights and squats etc). Measuring myself just keeps me sane when the scales are not showing the results.

But I do realise this is perhaps a bit too frequent.
  • thunderchld
    thunderchld Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'll go with the weekly weight and monthly measurements. I like that...then I can see progress