Blog with Great Healthy Recipes - Tha Fat Kid Inside

Options
www.thefatkidinside.com

All the recipes and food i prepare, always try to focus on healthy living, however these will be more specific to people who not only want to be healthy but who also wish to be fit. Nowadays, everyone claims to be an expert in weight loss, it seems that at every corner there is one more athlete/home cook/celebrity endorsing some kind of food/exercise/program that will revolutionise your life and make you thin in no time (YAY). But, nay. In truth there is no easy way to lose weight; I’m around 5’11 (ok 5’10) and now weigh 149 pounds (67.8kgs), rewind 4 years back i was 5’11 (fine fine 5’10) and weighed 240 pounds (109kgs). Don’t take out your calculators, yes, that’s 91 pounds. I know full grown women that weigh 91 pounds (well, full grown very thin women).

You can imagine what being that big does to a person, it makes you feel ugly, slow, hopeless and desperate, the more you try to hide it the more it comes gnawing at you. My turning point came after a bad break up way back then, after which I decided to go to a Greek island and work for 6 months. If you know Greeks, they are stubborn people, the friends I made helped me become comfortable with myself, making me work out in the gym shirtless, taking off my shirt in public places, just being ok with being fat. Once I achieved that, I realized I wasn’t just a fat boy anymore, but that I was a fat boy that could get fit if I wanted to

I gained weight because of a sedentary lifestyle and overly indulging in foods I knew were bad for me, eating out too often, taking the easy root (microwavable dishes) and not caring what went in my body. I lost weight through pure dedication, tireless hours of hard work and yes, food. I cooked my way to fitness, making sure to only feed myself tasty well prepared dishes with all the right stuff, the perfect fuel. Of course I indulge from time to time, as the fat kid still lurks inside of me; here you will find a little bit of everything for the sole purpose of sharing my passion for food and life.

Replies

• EmeliaFoo
    EmeliaFoo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Your blog is really great, and your photos are really lovely. Congrats!
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Love a bit of fancy cooking and tend to have trouble finding anything other that tasty basic recipes that are still healthy and yummy, but not special.

Bookmarked for much future use!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Very professional looking site. Must have a look through it later, your chicken and chickpea stew looks great- right up my street!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    great recipes and fantastic blog!
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'll be adding this blog to my "must read daily" bookmarks. Awesome blog.