Total Turn Around

Options
havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
I woke up this morning, sore and stiff and knew I wasn't going to the gym.

I blew my day already I thought to myself. I may as well go to the drive through for breakfast and grab a sandwich and chips at lunch.

As I sat here reading people's posts. I thought...maybe I should make my lunch. I made a beautiful salad with home made evoo/balsamic dressing, a touch of low fat cheese.

I was still planning on the drive through.

I read a few more posts and just got up and made myself an omelet..two egg whites and a whole egg, chicken, red pepper and onion. It made a whole plate full for just over 200 calories.

I think I will take my gym bag with me today and hit the gym after work

SUCCESS!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! :flowerforyou:

YOU GO GIRL!
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    Good for you! I'm about to go on a 4 mile walk. For breakfast I had a Zone bar. Just getting started after a long bout w/depression & some personal issues, but I've turned things around & am ready to go! This is my first week, I have 25 lbs. to lose. I lost it 2 years ago & felt terrific, but let life get the best of me. No more. I have been making cabbage soup w/fresh veggies out of the garden this week for lunch. Last night I had a big sald w/some baked chicken in it. Keep strong. Have a great day!
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well Done!

You have battled with yourself and won!

Onwards and upwards!
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Been there, thought that! Glad you've turned around!

Keep it up sister! You are making progress 1) you determined it was your time to start 2) you've got the right attitude 3) you're worth it!
  • Gidgetfrombama
    Options
    Good job. It always helps to have others around you dog the right thing. Thats why I go to zumba classes instead of only doing it on the xbox kinect. LOL at home,.it's too eat to take an "extended"water break... Or sit out a minute. In class, I know everyone will see me walk off the floor, and it motivates me to push harder!
    Keep up the good work!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Way to stay focused!!!! :glasses:
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    That's how it's done!! Good thinking and reading posts matters!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love this site? So motivating!

Going strong girl...stay away from that drive-thru! lol :)
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Great turn around!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Beautifully Done!!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You have just summed up MFP perfectly.... movitaion, drive, focus, commitment, help,

Great turn around.
  • shabold100
    Options
    Sometimes we want to just say why bother what is the use, but reading where someone had a bad day but didn’t give in is GREAT!! Some days are harder than others and it helps to know how people deal with not giving in. Thank you for your post.
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I bet you feel great after that lunch whereas you would have felt heavy and guilty after a drive thru.
    I love being stuffed to the gills with food and knowing I won't have to lie on the sofa to recover for an hour.
    So congratulations on making a good choice and enjoy your workout!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great determination and dedication! It is exactly how this works
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I woke up this morning, sore and stiff and knew I wasn't going to the gym.

I blew my day already I thought to myself. I may as well go to the drive through for breakfast and grab a sandwich and chips at lunch.

As I sat here reading people's posts. I thought...maybe I should make my lunch. I made a beautiful salad with home made evoo/balsamic dressing, a touch of low fat cheese.

I was still planning on the drive through.

I read a few more posts and just got up and made myself an omelet..two egg whites and a whole egg, chicken, red pepper and onion. It made a whole plate full for just over 200 calories.

I think I will take my gym bag with me today and hit the gym after work

SUCCESS!

AMAZING attitude! Winning :)
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Reading this was a great way to start my day. feeling motivated to make good choices today :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You just made my day!!!
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love this! You should be proud. This is one of the many reasons I love MFP. Other peoples stories and success motivate me. Plus all of the encouragment I get from so many great people just makes it such a pleasant experience even when I feel like dragging my feet. Keep up the good work.

:happy:
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think moments like the series of decisions you made are tremendous victories in the journey to health and fitness. I think most of us have encountered decision moments like yours; that's why reading about yours is something we can all relate to and then cheer.

Each victory creates a new history of choices that form a foundation for future fitness decisions.

Brava.
  • Stephie_D
    Stephie_D Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Some days are tougher than the others. Keep your resolve up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!