sweet desserts

Options
lacewitch
lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
I find that at lunch i need something sweet to end the meal or I've tried having a cup of tea or chewing gum but I just crave cake
I can have an apple or a yogurt and that's ok

does anyone have any favorite healthy sweet treats
all ideas and suggestions gratefully received

Replies

• Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Oh I know the feeling but I have tried cool strawberries and blueberries and I love them ..
    I am so addicted to berries now :D
    n damn they are so freaking expensive :)
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sometime on a sunny day like today watermelon or any kinda melon does the trick as well!
    Good luck!
    I keep them in my office fridge and keep enjoying the sweet love of berries and melons once or twice in a day :P
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly :)
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Just tried PC Blue Menu Greek Yogurt Mango Smoothie popsicles last night - SO GOOD. 100 calories each!

In general, popsicles aren't that bad calorie-wise (sugar, yes :P)
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I cannot take credit for this, one of my MFP friends posted it yesterday... have not tried it yet either...
    Cup of sugar free caramel pudding with tablespoon or teaspoon of pb with a few chocolate chips sprinkled on top
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Frozen grapes or small piece of dark chocolate usually work for me.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Any of those Jello Sensations are good
  • Miss_Ever55
    Miss_Ever55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find Mini Milks to work really well , and there only 30 cal each!
  • philippians4and13
    philippians4and13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Popsicles, sugar free jello, yogurt, sugar free pudding, fruit and can whip cream, crystal light slushy in the blender, frozen grapes, almond milk with fruit, ice and Splenda in the blender is great!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Watermelon...I totally love a good, sweet watermelon...
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yogurt + fruit as you like (1/2 apple, prunes, strawberries, whatever you have) + a bit of honey drizzled on top.. Delicious! :)
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Fruit Dip - Only 31 Calories for 1/4 cup!

1 Cup Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt - Plain
    1 Cup Vanilla Soy Milk (Fit & Active- Aldi)
    1 Package Jello Cheesecake Sugar Free Pudding Mix

Mix the pudding mix and soy milk first. Make sure the mix is dissolved. Add the yogurt and stir! Done! It is so good, I could eat it with a spoon. But I made it to dip fruit in, sooooo. ya.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Fruit is not a bad thing. Yes it has sugar but the fruit has fiber and all kinds of vitamins you need to stay healthy. I love to eat a bowl of blueberries with a sliced up peach. Keep the skin on. Sometime I have a piece of dark chocolate. And sometime I have just a spoonful of ice cream or eat one small cookie. Stay away from artificial sweeteners. It's better to have a little bit of sugar than something fake that is probably bad for you.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Yogurt + fruit as you like (1/2 apple, prunes, strawberries, whatever you have) + a bit of honey drizzled on top.. Delicious! :)

Sounds good! Plain yogurt,right?
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerr's strawberry Shortcake Frozen Greek Yogurt ,Skinny Cow's Limited edition Icecream sandwich 150 calories, Edy's Fruit Bars Mango 80 calories, New-Blue Bunny- sweet Freedom only 60 calories -sugar free Fudge , Gelalato Simply Strawberry by Talenti 170 calories per serving. I just heard this on a show.

Nina
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Sounds good! Plain yogurt,right?

Yep. I am no fan of the fruity yogurts you can buy :|
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night for the first time. It's a good substitute if you're itching for something sweet, like apple pie.

I did tweak some of the recipe, I will list the recipe as shown but I will put a ***beside the ingredients I changed. Feel free to follow whichever recipe you choose, but just wanted to let you know I did change it a bit.

Maple Baked Apple:

Prep/Total Time: 10 min. Yield: 1 Servings

Ingredients:
    2 teaspoons maple syrup ***I used t teaspoons of Hungry Jack sugar-free syrup. (Maple variety, not butter flavor)
    1 teaspoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
    1 teaspoon raisins, dried cranberries or dried currants. ***I used Sunmaid raisins.
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 medium tart apple ***This will vary in calories based on the size of your apple. I used a Granny Smith, measured in grams. I had also peeled the skin and sliced it into pieces then I weighed it in grams & ounces.

Directions:
    *In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.

*Core apple and peel the top third. ***I did not core the apple. I peeled the skin and cut into slices (leaving a square portion of the core, threw that away obviously)
    *Place in a small microwave-safe dish.
    *Fill apple with walnut mixture. ***I placed the slices in a microwave safe bowl, kind of like a circle pattern then poured the mixture over the pieces.
    *Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender.
    *Serve warm.
    Yield: 1 serving.

Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
    Theirs: 1 serving equals 151 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.

***Mine using my preparation method and ingredients:
    Calories: 115
    Carbs: 27
    Fat: 1
    Protein: 0
    Sodium: 28
    Fiber: 4