C25K NSV's

Options
dobberloon
dobberloon Posts: 34 Member
So, in January I started C25K for the third time and this time it looks like I am going to finish it. I just completed W7D1 which is 25 minutes of running. Wait.... That's only one NSV. The other is that I ran at 5.5 mph! I need to mention that I am a 57 year old wife and mother of a teenager (became a mom late in life). And, I have never, ever been a runner! A friend at work got me started with MFP. The combo of C25K and MFP is the Best. Thing. Ever.

Replies

• kriztyn723
    kriztyn723 Posts: 57
    Options
    Nice!!! I am 28.. and have to continue with week 3 until I feel comfortable with it. Good for you! That's awesome!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is fantastic, and gives me hope! Tomorrow is W3D3 of c25k for me. Yesterday I did great (running beyond what the program called for), so I'm hoping for at least a repeat tomorrow!!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! That is an incredible accomplishment!!! I just finished WK7D2 - but I am only running at 4.5. You deserve a big high five!!:drinker:
  • Calliesmom1
    Options
    where do you buy this program?
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    Nice!!! I am 28.. and have to continue with week 3 until I feel comfortable with it. Good for you! That's awesome!

ditto! :)
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I was supposed to start Week 3 today, but got hit by a car while on my bike yesterday. I'm okay, just bumped and bruised, but have to give my body a few days to recover as I'm pretty gimpy right now.

It was so hard not to run today!
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    where do you buy this program?

ITS FREE!!! thats the best part :) you can google the program or if you have a smartphone you can download a C25K app.
  • dobberloon
    Options
    Thank you so much! I kept checking the pedometer app on my iPad touch and it kept saying 5.5 average pace. It usually says 4.2!
  • dobberloon
    Options
    I have an iPod touch. There are a lot of C25K apps. But before I had an iPod I had a MP3 player. There is a Couch to 5K website and I found directions on how to download training audio. I think there are a bunch of websites now.
  • dobberloon
    Options
    Google C25K or Couch to 5K. Or if you have a smart phone or iPod touch there are apps. All Free!

This is my first posting. How do I post so I am answering someone else's post? When I hit reply within someone else's post it goes to a new posting. Aarrggghhh
  • kriztyn723
    kriztyn723 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hit quote instead of reply :)
  • dobberloon
    Options
    Hit quote instead of reply :)

Thanks ;)
  • jmgabbard
    jmgabbard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is very motivating! I just completed W3 today and I swear...I was going to die this morning on the treadmill! It was so hard! I am really struggling w/ breathing when I run. I have slowed down my pace to 5.0 when running and 3.5 when walking...I just cant imagine that I have to go even slower???? I'm terrified to increase to running 5 mins at a time next wk!!!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I'll be 56 next month, just started c25k (w1 day 3) loving it so far - I joke with my friends about 'being a runner' now LOL so at least it's fun if nothing else. I've not gotten to the 'timing' phase or anything
    Congratulations on your fantastic progress
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    Congrats :) I graduated the program today and you all can do it!!!
  • Montegue42
    Montegue42 Posts: 98
    Options
    I just started week 3 last night and wasn't quite successful...but I did week 2 in only three days which is a SUPER big deal for me since I recently got a surgery that changed my stride COMPLETELY. I thought I was never going to finish week 1 because I had to train myself to walk and then run all over again. It feels really good to complete them! I am actually looking forward to running tomorrow hoping that I'll finish :)

And I'm the last person who would have ever expected to /look forward to/ running.
  • johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes it is a great feeling it took me two goes . Have just completed the 10 k the buzz was amazing .still not the fastest but at 53,just glad I can run .
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is very motivating! I just completed W3 today and I swear...I was going to die this morning on the treadmill! It was so hard! I am really struggling w/ breathing when I run. I have slowed down my pace to 5.0 when running and 3.5 when walking...I just cant imagine that I have to go even slower???? I'm terrified to increase to running 5 mins at a time next wk!!!!

Don't worry about your speed so much if you are a beginner. Before I was ever able to run a mile, I could only do about a quarter of a mile at about 5.3mph. I slowed it down to 4.8 one day and finished my first mile that day (about a month and a half ago). For now, I'm more than happy to plod along at 4.8mph if it means I can continue to increase my distance.
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm doing C25K as well, and next week I start week 4! (That didn't stop me from signing up for a 5k on Sunday, but I signed up to walk. I'll walk and jog, I think!)
    I'm a later in life mom as well--I'm 49, have a 12 year old and a 6 year old!
    We can do this!
    :drinker:
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 today! Congrats on getting to week 7!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!