Day 1 of calorie tracking....

Options
Well, day 1 was yesterday and was over close to 100 calories... Did not overeat, but ate when I was hungry... Shall see how today goes... :ohwell:

Replies

• Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Keep going, it takes a bit of adjusting to get it right
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well, day 1 was yesterday and was over close to 100 calories... Did not overeat, but ate when I was hungry... Shall see how today goes... :ohwell:
    Goo dluck!
    you will do just fine trust me! xx
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It will take a little while to get it right! Some days Im over quite a bit by like 500 and some days im under. But mostly now im pretty much on target :) Good luck
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    100 calories is not a big deal and may actually help you. Don't sweat 100 calories....
  • velvetred14
    velvetred14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just take one day at a time, that's what I do. Keep track of what you eat (it does help) love this site, I am getting there, does take time. V xx
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I guess in the scheme of things, it is not that far over... however, do I try and make it up today, hence have 100 calories less than what I am supposed to??
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my Day 1 too (well, day 1 and a half since I started in the evening, day two officially I suppose). I had 500 calories left over. I wasn't that hungry so I didn't eat them. I can tell that today is going to be a lot tougher though, and I am sure I won't keep undereating like that. I'm not sure what MFP does if your weekly average is right but your daily average jumps around a little.

I'm just glad that I have started losing some water weight!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: You are doing wonderfully too. It's great to know I am on my way. My first goal is 63 pounds, but really I have over twice that to lose.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You've probably got a 500-calorie deficit, right? So yesterday you just had a 400-calorie deficit. That's still enough to lose weight.
  • josiereside
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by the calorie deficit?? I get 1200 calories a day, I burned over 300?
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by the calorie deficit?? I get 1200 calories a day, I burned over 300?

Oops, I think my post above confused the issue. I'm sorry!! Didn't mean to do that or "hijack" your thread.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    100 calories is not a big deal and may actually help you. Don't sweat 100 calories....
    This...

I heard some where that as long as you are within about 100 of your daily goal, either way you should be fine.

The number doesnt track if you were doing anything out in the heat and such
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of calorie cycling or "zig zagging". It lets me eat more some days, then other days I am very strict and eat much less. The allowable calories in my plan vary up to 374 (from 1160 to 1534). I also eat back at least half of my exercise calories, so the range is actually more like 1350 to 1730 on any given day. This plan helped me break through a recent plateau as well as helping me eat some "extra" things some days, and I have not yet had a binge.Yesterday I actually went over, (thanks to a little pre-birthday treat at Starbucks) it was supposed to be a "low" day, so I simply took today's goal, switched it with yesterday's, and will eat lower today. It's flexible like that! I encourage you to research it and decide if you want to give it a try!

Edited to add: I only have two "1160" days and they are always exercise days, so I never plan to actually net that low (just in case anyone freaks out on me about going below 1200...I really don't!)
  • josiereside
    Options
    Duh! After I thought about it, I know what was meant by the deficit... MFP gives me 1200 calories which is probably 500 less of what someone at my activity level would need just to maintain, 1700.... Sorry, new to this calorie counting thing!
    So basically I still had 400 calorie deficit and maybe I won't lose a pound a week but will lose 1/2 at least...