BORING TEATIME RUT

Options
jlp100
jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
Right folks

PLEASE BARE IN MIND I DON'T LIKE SALAD OR VEG (apart from the peas carrots type of thing)

I'm getting a bit bored of mealtimes. What's your fave meal - if you make it from fresh how you d'ya calculate the calories?

The easier to prepare the better and let me know if you can freeze it too.... busy schedule and all that

Replies

• EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm loving, chicken baked with pesto, cheese and spinach at the minute

some of my other favourites are risotto, jalfrezi curry, green thai curry, spag bol - all freeze pretty good too.

all homemade of course, and can be made pretty healthy and low calories by adding loads of veggies and lean meat. I find it easier to eat veg when it's chopped small and mixed into a sauce.

As for calculating the calories - there's a recipe calculator under the food tab where you can enter each ingredient individually.

Maybe try looking through the recipe forum for more ideas? xx
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I just discovered spaghetti squash. you can do ANYTHING with it it seems. Roast it, shred it and leave it in fridge, then anything. season it with some salt and pepper, saute it with olive oil and capers and garlic, pour a lean cuisine over it, it's filling and low cal and my new favorite thing i've found at MFP
  • scareydave
    scareydave Posts: 19
    Options
    I know it's simple sounding but I like having a baked potato with a different topping each evening. Chilli, cheese, baked beans, chicken curry, tuna & sweetcorn etc.

The great thing is you don't have to worry too much about the topping as you will only ever have a small portion as the potato fills you up. Plus 100g of Chilli looks huge on top of a potato instead of sitting on it's own in a bowl.
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options
    At the moment my fave meal is my chicken pitta sandwich.

> 125g of chicken
    > Multiseed pitta bread
    > Slice of edam cheese
    > Peri sauce

& a side of peppers & cucumber :)

Fills me right up!
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nice ideas folks... will give them a whirl :flowerforyou: