Back at it.

Options
Sezmo83
Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
Hi all, I've not been here for a while due to real life stuff. Good news is I've pretty much managed to maintain where I left off instead of putting the weight back on. Just looking for friends to keep me on track, cheer me on, kick me up the backside and all that.

I'm 29 years old, currently unemployed and I HATE exercise. There, I said it. I have a young Labrador so I do quite a lot of walking but other than that I'm afraid I'm a lazy cow. I love to read, mostly fantasy but I'll read pretty much anything. I also love horror movies, especially when it's late at night and I'm home alone. I also like to cross stitch. Not pastimes conducive to losing weight since they involve sitting on ones backside but at least if I'm stitching I can't eat too!

I'm around 5ft 3, started off at 220lbs and currently weigh 203lbs. I'm aiming for a goal weight of 130lbs so still a long way to go yet.

So, if anyone wants to add me as a friend please send me a request.

Sarah

Replies

• scareydave
    scareydave Posts: 19
    Options
    Good luck Sarah!

I'm exactly like you. Much rather be sat down getting lost in a Fantasy novel than riding en exercise bike. I tried doing both at the same time but stopped pedaling everytime I got to a good bit in the book.

All the best.

David
  • Sezmo83
    Options
    Lol! I tried that too and exactly the same thing happened to me. Just ended up sitting there on the bike reading coz I got too engrossed to remember to keep pedalling :grumble:

Good luck to you too!
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options
    audiobooks might do the trick? Before I moved house a while ago I started walking to work (now I have to take the bus for the most part) and I got quite bored. When I listened to audiobooks on my mp3 player I happily declined getting a lift just for being able to get another 40mins of my story.
  • scareydave
    Options
    That is a really good idea!

Okay now I need to get rid of all the music on my MP3 player except the Rocky soundtrack as that always makes me pedal faster :)
  • johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Okay now I need to get rid of all the music on my MP3 player except the Rocky soundtrack as that always makes me pedal faster :)
    I pulled muscles running to the Rocky soundtrack
  • scareydave
    Options

Haha yeah it has that effect.
  • freeli
    Options

hahaha! - but really: sorry to hear about the pulled muscle. Yeah, some kind of same-speed-playlist would be good. I even notice I change speed when i'm walking and got music on according to the beat of each song. ... but then, i also noticed that for example my facial expression can change quite a bit depending on what is happening in the audiobook and that i clench my fists when it gets exciting or a fight part comes up or so. Must be interesting to watch me walk. ha!
  • Sezmo83
    Options
    I get just as engrossed in an audio book unfortunately. I listen to them while cross stitching and find myself just sitting there, needle part way through the fabric doing absolutely nothing. I do like my audio books though and find Audible a good place to get them without paying a fortune if anyone's interested.
  • mokab
    mokab Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Audio books are a great idea. You can usually "borrow" them from your library as well. I have a playlist for walking and one for the treadmill when I want to push myself.
    I love to cross stitch and embroidery as well. This summer I want to learn how to knit. Walking your dog is great exercise and at least you are out there doing that. I love to work out but am so unmotivated to do it. (how does that make sense?). I think it is because I am so out of shape and I am ashamed.
    Best of luck.
  • freeli
    Options
    I use audible too, I love it. And I just got an email from them today that they got the Dark Tower series released now - lucky me I got a couple of credits!

Libraries are a good place to look too, and I often find some in the charity shops - i kinda take whatever I can get my hands/ears on.
  • johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options

hahaha! - but really: sorry to hear about the pulled muscle. Yeah, some kind of same-speed-playlist would be good. I even notice I change speed when i'm walking and got music on according to the beat of each song. ... but then, i also noticed that for example my facial expression can change quite a bit depending on what is happening in the audiobook and that i clench my fists when it gets exciting or a fight part comes up or so. Must be interesting to watch me walk. ha!
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just learned how to knit, and now I'm trying my hand at Crotech ( i can never remember how to spell it). I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 135, I've been stuck at 183 for 3 years now! I'm going to be 46 in August and I'm ready to take control of my health and fitness. I'm tired of feeling like I'm getting ready to turn 64! I've decided to incorporate weight lifting to help build muscle and burn more fat! I've just started this week. I've also been trying Hot Yoga classes and that has been great for stretching and strength building. I have a long way to go but I'm loving this site because I have found a lot of useful information on nutrition and recipes and how many calories you should eat. Please add me as a friend, the more the marrier!:drinker:
  • Turquoise2
    Options
    I love the idea of Audiobooks. Does anyone know if you can download them to a Nano? I normally leave my Iphone in the house when I'm out walking--though my Nano is my exercise companion.
  • freeli
    Options
    Audible says on their website that you can use the Nano.