Lunch Time at the Office?

Options
I work in a 9-5 office job and have an hour off at lunch but no decent gym nearby. I've been trying to get in the habit of getting out for a brisk walk at lunchtime and was curious what others do during their lunch break that helps with their fitness and weight loss goals?

Replies

• qwerty28
    qwerty28 Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too, and me and my mate go for a 30 min walk and then have our lunch. it means i only have 30mis to pick at food rather then an hour, which means i eat less! Plus you can put it in as exersise if your feeling guilty that you havent done anything else that day!
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I walk/jog/run. I work close enough to home that I can drive home, change, do my regular path in 25-35 minutes, change again and eat a quick lunch either on the way back or once I get to my desk. I do a lot of smoothies cause they make it easier to eat and work and the same time. You could also do 5 - 10 jumping jacks everytime you go to the restroom.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Some things I do at lunch:

Go up and down the stairs in the building - 22 flights

Do push ups, stretching, lunges, sit ups, etc. (find an empty office if you don't have an office)
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I go for a one hour walk during my lunch break, it burns 207 calories walking slow. That is additional to my "real" workout at the gym in the morning.
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    I eat at lunch. I get 30 minutes...so I eat. I eat what I want, taking into consideration cost, hunger, mood, and nutritional needs.

It's harder to burn calories than it is to avoid them in the first place.