Insanity. Need advice please!

Options
Hello all,

I know this has definitely been discussed in the past but I would like some advice as I will be starting insanity on Monday. A little about me:

I'm 5'4"
I have 20+ pounds to lose but I'm more concerned about getting stronger and healthier
I was a smoker for 8+ years and quit about 8 months ago. I have a lot of trouble with cardio activities in general and can't run more than 2 blocks without huffing and puffing.

I am GENUINELY afraid that Insanity will be way too difficult for me. Has anyone had any experiences somehow related to this, and if so, how did you push through?

any other general advice will be appreciated

Thank you!

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    First of all nice job dropping the cig habit. Hooray! Second of all, you can go as hard or as easy as you want w/ Insanity. I've done the program and it's fairly brutal but as with everything; it's what you make of it. You got this......... *high five*
  • jwurtz
    jwurtz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on dropping bad habits. I will say Insanity is a hard program to but the outcome in the end is worth the pain in the beginning. I put my 12 year old through 6 weeks of it and he dropped 4 inches off his wait.. WIsh I could have kept his interest for all 8 but is served its purpose.

I agree with the Pedal_Pusher, you get out of it what you put into it...

Give it your all and I promise the outcomes will be plentiful...

You can do it!!
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I will definitely try - again I suck at most things Cardio so that's why I'm so worried
  • vklebanova
    Options
    bump
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    I am on my second round of insanity. I lost 20 pounds the first round. This round i am not pushing as much (just because.. well, excuses bla bla) but even with not pushing I am losing...

Take breaks if you need too, you know your own body. Pause the darn dvd if you have too... but just do it. :)

Good luck!
  • anwilson_83
    Options
    im 5'5 and started insanity at 168 lbs. i need to be at about130-140. im only in my 2nd week and have lost 4 lbs. i wish i had taken measurements in the beginning. thats something you should do. just try your best at it,if you need a break to catch your breath take it,i sure did and still do. i can already see a difference,i am stronger and can do everything better so i cant wait to see what happens in my 2nd month. you can do it! even if you have to modify certain things that are hard until you can do it,i had to do it. and take before pics too :) good luck
  • sadonnah
    sadonnah Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there! Great job so far! I am actually on my 2nd round of Insanity and I will say that in the beginning there is nothing like it. Month 1 is a good introduction. All of the workouts are between 35-40 min long in Month 1. While it might be new to you, your body will quickly adapt after about the first week or so. Just take as many breaks as you can. It's not about doing it all the way through every time when you are first starting, it is about doing YOUR best. And frankly YOUR best is always enough!

I have quite a few ladies in a private workout group on FB if you would like to join us. In fact I have an Insanity group going on right now. You can get lots of encouragement there if you are interested. I personally have found that people who log their meals on MFP, have a support group of some kind, and log daily in it what there workouts are do the best long term!
  • vklebanova
    Options
    Hey there! Great job so far! I am actually on my 2nd round of Insanity and I will say that in the beginning there is nothing like it. Month 1 is a good introduction. All of the workouts are between 35-40 min long in Month 1. While it might be new to you, your body will quickly adapt after about the first week or so. Just take as many breaks as you can. It's not about doing it all the way through every time when you are first starting, it is about doing YOUR best. And frankly YOUR best is always enough!

I have quite a few ladies in a private workout group on FB if you would like to join us. In fact I have an Insanity group going on right now. You can get lots of encouragement there if you are interested. I personally have found that people who log their meals on MFP, have a support group of some kind, and log daily in it what there workouts are do the best long term!

That's a great advice - I would love some support.