New Beginning. New Me. Looking for P90X Friends!

Options
So I just wanted to do a re-introduction on here as things have changed for me over the past couple weeks as I have realized the program I was on was not healthy for me. Now, I want to reiterate for me as some people have had wonderful success with HCG (I know, I know, don't say anything!!!) but for me it only increased my food issues and made me want to eat the world.

My ultimate goal is to be lean, toned, ripped and finally have that "dream" body I have always wanted which I know is completely attainable through hard work, exercise, commitment and proper nutrition. I am tired of being embarrassed to walk anywhere because I am afraid of judgment. So, this is all changing. I am 5'8 and 220 lbs and in 90 days I plan to not be that ever again. And then in another 90, and so on and so on. I mean I live in Florida...beach bodies are kind of a must...at least for me. Plus it is so hot I want to be able to feel good wearing hardly anything at all and I am not ashamed to admit it!

Anyway, looking forward to the new journey I am on and the support you can find here. Time to kick some pounds to the curb. If you are doing or planning to start P90X please friend me as I am looking for all the support I can get!

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yay! good for you for jumping on the FITNESS bandwagon. WTG for finally realizing thin does NOT equal FIT.

Good luck with P90 - GREAT program - and you should get good results.

best wishes- stay healthy!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Well you are certainly talking the talk. Are you ready to walk the walk? At 27 you should kill P90X. I'm here for support and motivation. Add me if you'd like. I've done it 5 time and love it. I know you can do this.
  • Maasmondy
    Maasmondy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just finished the program yesterday! 90 days of challenge, soreness and AWESOMENESS!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

My tips: Remember to press play EVERY DAY, even if you don't want to. And follow the nutrition guide. On this program you MUST EAT. The nutrition guide will tell you how much to eat as well as your macro ratio, which changes w/each phase.

Enjoy it! Make it fun!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I finished a round of P90X recently, and I am doing Insanity now. These are great workouts. Add me if you'd like some support and motivation. Good luck to you in your journey!
  • anitaschroedle
    Options
    Ok - so, I am on day 82 of P90X and I honestly love it because it completely changed my eating habits which I NEEDED and I wanted to get working out again. So, a friend of mine just suggested Insanity for the next work out.. and Insanity scares me - in the infomercials I feel like it is everything I didn't like as much out of P90X... and it seems to move really, crazy fast. Tell me the truth - what's Insanity like? Do you love it or hate it? Is it harder or easier than P90X or just completely different?
  • jmac1686
    jmac1686 Posts: 25
    Options
    Well my plan is to do the 90 Day Challenge and then another 3 months switching workout levels. I will need minimum 6 months on this program anyway to have the results I desire.

I do plan on following the nutrition eating plan to the very last calorie...though it is scary because it is a lot of calories O_O It is hard to imagine you lose but I know paired with the workout plan it is all meant to work together.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Well my plan is to do the 90 Day Challenge and then another 3 months switching workout levels. I will need minimum 6 months on this program anyway to have the results I desire.

I do plan on following the nutrition eating plan to the very last calorie...though it is scary because it is a lot of calories O_O It is hard to imagine you lose but I know paired with the workout plan it is all meant to work together.

I understand your fear about the calories. I was scared to take in so many calories also, but you will find that your body demands those calories when you are doing such an intense program. I am ALWAYS hungry! I have lost over 30 pounds so far, and I usually do not eat less than 1600 calories a day. You will have to learn to just trust the program. It will change your life.
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It should be a great program for you. I'm doing it right now, profile pic shows my progress.

Add me if you like, I'll boost you up, or give you a swift kick in the *kitten* if need be!
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 6 of p90x but I'm still a newbie too :) Feel free to add if you'd like! We can help each other "bring it!" every day :)
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I am a (multiple) X graduate and just started phase 2 of P90X-2. I :heart: Tony Horton and the results (along with good clean eating) have given me results up and beyond what I thought was possible. You will love it :happy: