Red Lobster Tonight!! Help!!

Options
lauryn86
lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
So me and my Bestie are going out to dinner. She is getting the 14.99 4 course feast but this is too much calories for me and desert is too tempting. Please Please let me know some of yall's healthy favorites at Red Lobster. I have searched the calories out and have a vague plan but Id love to know whats GOOD! Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    I love their Caesar Salad. . .no croutons, dressing on the side, with grilled salmon and cant resist at least one cheesy biscuit!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I usually do steamed snow crab legs, with side salad and the baked potato

you can also ask them not to serve you the biscuits...
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Give ME all of the biscuits, please!!! Mmmmm!!!!
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    what ever you do DO NOT eat those biscuits they place on the table....loaded with fat and cals..unless of course you want one and factor it into your day ...LOL
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    RUN from the cheesy biscuits!! You can actually get chicken there. Or broiled shrimp w/o butter. And salad with dressing on the side.

Or just say screw it and get in a hard workout before you go and have a nice dinner :smile:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Havent been there enough to know the menu, but fish without a lot of sauce is usually safe. have that with a side salad (light dressing) and one biscuit maybe?
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    This is funny, because I'm taking my parents there for lunch tomorrow. I've been looking at the menu this morning. They have a PDF of all the nutritional values of their food. Check it out.

Sorry, I just reread your post and you already looked at the calories. Oops! : )
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Red lobster is one of THE easiest places to keep it low-cal. You'll still go over on sodium unfortunately but everything else you'll be GREAT on.

Order off the fresh fish menu or get the lobster with a vegetable side (steamed broccoli is one of my choices). Order the shrimp & scallops from the wood fire grill menu if you like. Pretty much keep away from their pastas or anything breaded/fried and you're golden.

Oh and DO NOT EAT ANY OF THE COMPLEMENTARY MUFFINS. Those things are PURE EVIL as far as calorie content goes.
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ooohhhhh...do they still have their Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos??? Those are AMAZING, as is their grilled shrimp skewers, their coconut shrimp...the grilled tilapia is always yummy...but I HIGHLY recommend the shrimp tacos.
  • thilyer
    thilyer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always get the same thing...garlic grilled jumbo shrimp, plain baked potato (instead of rice pilaf), steamed broccoli, and side salad. I take my fat free sour cream and spray butter for the potato, and I usually take my own salad dressing. I usually go to the gym and work out for that day so I can have 2 of the cheese biscuits. Good luck!
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    ahhh..I see everyone knows about those evil biscuits!!! LOl
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I go here ALL the time! lol ... I consider it a treat, so you shouldn't be so hard on yourself if you splurge a little. :) If you wanna go light, just make lighter choices.... I get the ultimate feast, other than fried shrimp, its mostly ok lol ... and I order broccoli for the side, I get a side salad and get red wine vinegar dressing. I always have one biscuit lol You can always do shrimp cocktail for appetizer, or just splurge because its Red Lobster! :)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Their Blackened Tilapia is the bomb. With broccoli, a side salad with fat free dressing, and resisting the cheddar bay biscuits, it's a very healthy, low cal dinner.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I would go to their website and look at the menu before going. Research the best choices that you will enjoy and not blow all your work, but have something you will enjoy otherwise you may feel deprived later which can sometimes be worse and cause you to over indulge even more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you do want a biscuit do ask them to limit the number they bring to the table :)
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I just went Monday and did my research ahead of time...best thing u can get is grilled talipia with side salad and broccoli. Ask for the lighthouse version...it has no added oils or butter.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Menu with nutrition info should be on their website. They do have a section called Lighter I believe. I used to go for their grilled shrimp skewers and got baked potato (no butter, I brought my own butter spray). Salad I used their house but dipped tines of fork into it then went into the salad. I got broccoli and used my own butter spray. I did eat one of their cheddar biscuits. Took home one skewer, half the potato and a biscuit for the next day.
  • wendangi
    wendangi Posts: 7
    Options
    unsweetened ice tea
    garden salad, fat free dressing on the side
    peel and eat shrimp with steamed broccolli and rice
    dessert: sip on a shot of amaretto

I used to work there, I could tell you a gross story about the biscuits it if helps, LOL. Really, stay away fromthe buscuits.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I like all of this advice. I'd definitely follow it.

But, you could also throw in a work out and have a biscuit and share dessert w/your friend. Just make it a good one.
  • JulieKetchup
    JulieKetchup Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Red lobster is one of THE easiest places to keep it low-cal. You'll still go over on sodium unfortunately but everything else you'll be GREAT on.

Order off the fresh fish menu or get the lobster with a vegetable side (steamed broccoli is one of my choices). Order the shrimp & scallops from the wood fire grill menu if you like. Pretty much keep away from their pastas or anything breaded/fried and you're golden.

Oh and DO NOT EAT ANY OF THE COMPLEMENTARY MUFFINS. Those things are PURE EVIL as far as calorie content goes.

Exactly what I was going to say, except make sure you keep the fish grilled. And those biscuits man......for the life of me I cannot resist them. So good luck!
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Get the grilled shrimp with brocoli and rice! I don't think that's too bad! I just eat 1/4 cup of the rice and eat the rest!