New...ish here

Options
Hi, I have had MFP for a few months now, but I hadn't updated or tried to use it for most of the time. However, I am now trying to motivate myself and get started again, and I thought that the best way to do that was to introduce myself.

So hi, I'm Nik, 22, from the south west of England. I've been trying to lose weight and get more fit and active now for a while, but I never seem to be able to stick to it. At the moment I'm 227lbs (but that's because I've been trying) and want to get down to around 190lbs to start (well to be honest the first target is to no longer be obese according to my BMI) and keep at it, I also want to be more active and get out more and do more (I'm quite a geek at heart and that usually involves staying in and staring at things). However I really have had enough of being the bigger one of my friends, feeling tired all of the time and that general lack of energy feeling.

I've started by eating less and by digging out wii fit from a dusty corner of the house, and I have also bought ea active as I've heard its a lot more like having a personal trainer. My thinking is that I want to start indoors and then venture out when if I have a bit more self-esteem. But I do want to meet those who feel the same as me, to help motivate and vica versa.

So yeah, hello, and I hope I can help you as much as I hope you guys can help me. Looking through parts of the forums here everyone seems so positive and helpful.

Replies

• craigking
    craigking Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Nik, I'd be happy to support and help you. Friend request sent.
  • moea432
    moea432 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This really works! Its not a diet its a life change! The people here are very motivational and helpful! Feel free to add!