Finally Getting Serious

Options
So I have only been a member of My Fitness Pal for maybe a week or so. However during that week, I haven't really done much on here. I have attempted to track a few things but thats about it. However today I am getting serious about this. I am going to track my food and my workouts, and I am going to finally lose these 15ish pounds that I have been wanting to lose for years now! I could really use some friends and some support though. Feel free to add me. Also, anyone have advice on how to stay dedicated? I would really appreciate all the support/input I can get!

Replies

• scareydave
    scareydave Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome and well done on taking the steps needed. I think the key to keeping at it is getting encouragement and support from friends. Nothing beats it.

All the best and I will send you a friends add! :smile:
  • fishiesintheseaa
    fishiesintheseaa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes! I need friends who have the same goals as me and friends who will encourage me to keep this going! Thanks for the support (:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    How to stay dedicated...for me, I think the biggest part has just been to not beat myself up when I miss a day. I have 3 kids and a very busy life, so sometimes I don't get my food and exercise entered...if I miss a day, I just try to key it in after the fact and be more diligent going forward, but I do NOT let it give me an excuse to quit. Every day is a new day to start again!
  • fishiesintheseaa
    Options
    Thats a really good method. I think often I am way too hard on myself. I just added you. We can do this!
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, however I've been on the site for about a year. I was hardcore for a good 6 months and lost 30 lbs! But then the holidays rolled around and I haven't been able to get back on track. Add me! I found that adding new friend periodically and interacting with them is great motivation to keep visiting the site and stay on task!
  • fishiesintheseaa
    Options
    Yay! We can get back on track together. 30 pounds is a big deal!