F$%^ a Watch.... Who remembers....

Options
124»

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    F$%^ a swatch.... Who remembers..........

DSCN1884375x500.jpg
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the Swatch "protector".
  • delilah47
    Options
    The shirt clip ....FTW :) lol

80s_Shirt-Clips.jpg

I had at least a dozen of these back in the 70s! (I think, but my memory could be failing.. :laugh: )
  • delilah47
    Options
    Loved them I remember they stopped selling them because the metal would get through and cut your hand. They actually sell them again

What about the slap bracelets? :) lol

lol yep... I had been cut by them a couple times

Anyone have a photo of a slap bracelet? I don't think I have ever seen one.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I would much rather see this again than the saggy pants dragging off the butt and on the ground, and over the modern-day skinny jeans as well! Long live the pegged pants! :tongue:

My friend's kid wears skinny jeans and he somehow manages to sag them....crazy
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

Anyone have a photo of a slap bracelet? I don't think I have ever seen one.

2009122336211.jpg
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

And Trapper keepers!
  • delilah47
    Options
    Thanks for the pic Mercenary1914 :laugh:
    It didn't dawn on my to Google it and that's usually the first thing I do.. heck it's my homepage!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    This got me thinking....Who remember pencil Fighting?

I don't think kids do that these days

So, sad to inform you but they still do this. I had at least 5-6 broken pencils on my floor every afternoon. And, they are still making spinners and fortune tellers :( Some things just won't die.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Thanks for the pic Mercenary1914 :laugh:
    It didn't dawn on my to Google it and that's usually the first thing I do.. heck it's my homepage!

No problem!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. God!!

I had slap bracelets (my sister actually got me one for christmas a few years ago as a "remember when"). My arms were covered in friendship bracelets. Not only that but we used to make friendship pins -- beads on a safety pin -- and my sneakers were LOADED with them. Then the next trend was saving the pop tops off of soda cans and putting those through your laces. Why? I have NO idea. I had LA Gear sneakers with THREE -- read that -- THREE different laces that were different shades of pink that I shoved through the holes and wore. I wore the layered socks that just HAD to match my shirts and I tight rolled my acid wash jeans and any other pair of pants that I had. If they were too short to tight roll then I pegged them. And sadly I was part of the birds nest bang trend but unfortunately for me it never worked right because my hair naturally parts in the middle so I always had pouffy bangs on each side of my head. :grumble:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

And Tapper keepers!

I LOVED my trapper keeper!!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Oh. My. God!!

I had slap bracelets (my sister actually got me one for christmas a few years ago as a "remember when"). My arms were covered in friendship bracelets. Not only that but we used to make friendship pins -- beads on a safety pin -- and my sneakers were LOADED with them. Then the next trend was saving the pop tops off of soda cans and putting those through your laces. Why? I have NO idea. I had LA Gear sneakers with THREE -- read that -- THREE different laces that were different shades of pink that I shoved through the holes and wore. I wore the layered socks that just HAD to match my shirts and I tight rolled my acid wash jeans and any other pair of pants that I had. If they were too short to tight roll then I pegged them. And sadly I was part of the birds nest bang trend but unfortunately for me it never worked right because my hair naturally parts in the middle so I always had pouffy bangs on each side of my head. :grumble:

OH man...LA Gear and British Knights! bwahahahaha...
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    There's still a Swatch Shop in Manchester UK.
  • hpoowalker
    hpoowalker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cant say I ever pencil fought....but how about de-pantsing a person? This was best in gym class :laugh:

LOL! I do I do remember doing that...
    Only done it once... because you do it to someone and 5 more people will try it on you :huh:

I use to walk while holding the front of my pants....

oh and de-pantsing was way easy on someone wearing hammer pants....buahahaha!

LMAO!! yeah but if you were wearing those awesome stonewashed jeans that you rolled the bottoms up, well it was a bit harder ;)

No way! I rolled my jeans up too..

IMG_3179-2-1024x877.jpg

Mine were tighter and neater than these...

Wait...wait...wait....those socks are not scrunched enough or puffy enough! :tongue: My sis would wear two pairs of socks too and different colors.

Wait a minute, that's me - why you telling my business girl? LOL!!! And do you remember my 4-5 inch tall bangs???? I was so into it... everything...
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I had no say in the matter of my dress and hair in the 80's, and that is my excuse!

photo.php?fbid=2262467329161&set=t.80401632&type=3&theater

ETA- Sorry. I have no idea why I can't get photos to post!!!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Cant say I ever pencil fought....but how about de-pantsing a person? This was best in gym class :laugh:

LOL! I do I do remember doing that...
    Only done it once... because you do it to someone and 5 more people will try it on you :huh:

I use to walk while holding the front of my pants....

oh and de-pantsing was way easy on someone wearing hammer pants....buahahaha!

LMAO!! yeah but if you were wearing those awesome stonewashed jeans that you rolled the bottoms up, well it was a bit harder ;)

No way! I rolled my jeans up too..

IMG_3179-2-1024x877.jpg

Mine were tighter and neater than these...

Wait...wait...wait....those socks are not scrunched enough or puffy enough! :tongue: My sis would wear two pairs of socks too and different colors.

Wait a minute, that's me - why you telling my business girl? LOL!!! And do you remember my 4-5 inch tall bangs???? I was so into it... everything...

I loved a girl with Tall bangs! LOL