..:: Coming to Onderland::..

Options
First and foremost thank you all of you that are my friends here on MFP! Thank you MFP for having this awesome website!
I don't think I could have came this far without MFP. The motivation here phenomenol.

My story:

I have been overweight since the age of 12. Growing up as a teenager, it was hard. Kids made fun of me, boys wouldn't talk to me cause I was 'fat'. My own older step brother has made fun of me, so has my own brother. It's been such a hard road for me and this weight. When I was 16 I weighed a max of 194Ibs, I decided I wanted to go the military so I started to lose weight, at the age of 17 I weighed 170Ibs. I loved it there, but I was still overweight and that haunted me. I got a lot more attention from the 'boy' department. My family thought I looked great.

In my senior year, I met a guy named Pablo. He was wonderful, we would take long walks, go to the park and look up at the starry night. I fell deeply in love. This guy was different he didn't want to take advantage of me.

My parents decided to move away to Florida after I became a legal adult.. I had the choice to go with them. But I stayed because my brothers still lived here, and I was in love and holding our first child in my tummy.

Life wasn't easy for us, my dad fell into a bed in ICU. It felt like I had almost lost my last (blood related) parent. My dad was my father and my best friend! Luckily, God was with him and he recovered.

During my pregnancy I almost got diabetes. I gained a total of 60 pounds on top of the 170. I was now 229. After I had my beautiful son I lost almost 18 pounds. But I kept gaining, and stayed at 221. In March of this year I decided to lose weight. At first I made my goal to be my prepregnancy weight but I said *kitten* that. I want to keep going, my goal is 140!! I am also hypothyroidism. So I learned of this website and I started!

Today I am out of the 200's, and I do not plan on never ever going back! Today I weigh 197.8!! And very proud!!

I started with small goals like:

Hit Onderland

170IbS

Be toned!!

I don't just want to be skinny I want to be healthy!! I hope this inspires someone!

15970981.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you Kari !!! Keep up the good work !!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! Keep it up :smile:
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    That is an amazing story - keep it up & all those goals will be met!!
    You are wonderful :)
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! You've done amazing on this journey, growing each step and you are still going to do amazing as you continue! I'm glad to call you a friend on myfitnesspal. Congrats!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO - so proud of you girl for hitting onderland - you have done an amazing job. Keep it up!!!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yeah congrats! you inspired me to share my story so I may post mine also . fantastic
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished! You are an amazingly strong person, Karina! Keep up the great work. You will make all of your goals because you have the drive and determination to get there! Congratulations!
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you!!:happy:
  • beeceezee
    beeceezee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wonderful accomplishment.
    I also have hypothyroidism, so you give me great hope that I too can lose weight.

Way to go!!!!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. Looking forward to seeing that scale at 140.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!