Cooking for one

Options
Amberh82
Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
So I follow a lot of cooking blogs and they are always posting recipes that they have made several times a week. Some of them, I believe to be part of the "cooking for one" crowd, so I have to wonder, what do they do with that much food all the time? (I know personally, I try to cut the recipe in half, but sometimes it is still too much and I do try to freeze)....

Sad thing is, I want to cook all of this stuff, but just making one recipe a week is taking a while to get through all of the yumminess!

Replies

• Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I usually make one big thing say brown rice salad or a veggie pasta salad and change up with i eat with it. i will have chicken with it and a veggie one night and maybe a different veggie the next.
    I know what you mean tho I cook for one as well and always end up giving some to my co-workers and friends cause i am sick of it.
    i bet if you search the online you can find recipe's for one. im goign to take a look..

Is your name Amber? My name is Amber as well!!
  • AromaticTie0
    AromaticTie0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Freezing is a pretty good thing for me, if the food will stand it. If you can combine it with a vacuum sealer, that helps the food last even longer. (air and frost are foods enemies in the freezer)

I've found it to be a bit of a bonus, because I can make a recipe for four, then divide it up into portions. If you get the little ziplock storage containers, you can make individual meals out of them with the bonus of built-in portion control. Then while I'm eating dinner tonight, I'll put tomorrow night's meal in the fridge to thaw safely. Microwave and repeat.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I usually make one big thing say brown rice salad or a veggie pasta salad and change up with i eat with it. i will have chicken with it and a veggie one night and maybe a different veggie the next.
    I know what you mean tho I cook for one as well and always end up giving some to my co-workers and friends cause i am sick of it.
    i bet if you search the online you can find recipe's for one. im goign to take a look..

Is your name Amber? My name is Amber as well!!

Yes - my name is Amber too :)