YEP I ate that donut!!!!!!!!

Options
I ate the donut and it was worth every BITE lol

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    no worries, i had a small bag of chips with my healthy veg & chicken pita that i made. 300 cal but i had enuff room for them so why not treat myself? now i wont crave for another week or so lol :flowerforyou:
  • aziar44
    Options
    No worries!

If you don't occasionally treat yourself, you're missing out on life a tiny bit, and more importantly, it could sabotage your weight loss. Little treats here and there, as long as you generally are eating healthfully and working out, are a-ok.

Plus, some donuts are only about 180 calories and not even horrible fat-wise (Dunkin Donuts glazed donuts)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    yeah? talk to me when you weigh in!:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I'm of the mind that treating yourself every now and again is absolutely necessary.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options

lol im within my 1200 + excercise...one treat for the week, ill weigh in just fine.... know my body, been there before:smile: can't do it everyday tho silly :noway: LOL

:flowerforyou:
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    Yummy!!! Just as long as you count it into your daily food intake. I also give myself a treat like that once in awhile and count it in.. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    No worries!

If you don't occasionally treat yourself, you're missing out on life a tiny bit, and more importantly, it could sabotage your weight loss. Little treats here and there, as long as you generally are eating healthfully and working out, are a-ok.

Plus, some donuts are only about 180 calories and not even horrible fat-wise (Dunkin Donuts glazed donuts)

I agree with this! :smile:
    The main reason that I have managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is that I HAVE been able to eat "goodies" every now and then. Through MFP I learned that I just need to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time.) :laugh:
    Before coming here, I tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including Dr's diets, Weight Watchers, Curves, hypnosis, (TWICE!) but nothing really worked. I always felt deprived of all the "good stuff" out there, and therefore, could only last just so long, and then I'd cave and be right back to eating all the "goodies" I wanted. :grumble:
    But then I came here, and started my new "lifestyle change", and as long as I "work with my numbers", I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade icecream! :love:
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to live a life where I couldn't eat treats....what extreme deprivation for little return. LIFE IS SHORT!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I only ate half the donut...but it was worth it too, :laugh:
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    AARGGG!!!!! I want donuts!!!!!!!

I could call my husband who left to pick up our daughter from work, but I have blood tests tomorrow morning and I can not eat anymore tonight :grumble: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Why did I open this tread :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

lol im within my 1200 + excercise...one treat for the week, ill weigh in just fine.... know my body, been there before:smile: can't do it everyday tho silly :noway: LOL

:flowerforyou:

:laugh: I was actually responding to the original poster..............but I see you had chips!! That would blow me up like a balloon.

I love that I am at a point I can have a treat, and have no guilt at all, because the 4 wks prior to that I ate healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options

I could call my husband who left to pick up our daughter from work, but I have blood tests tomorrow morning and I can not eat anymore tonight :grumble: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Hi! Looks like you have a lot of cruises scheduled! Just wondering-how easy (or not) is it to stick to eating well and working out on a cruise? I've never been.
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The way I see it is that you just need the restraint to know not to eat it alllll the time. If you can eat it and not start binging, you're good.

Also, another way I like to look at it is that I see physically fit people eating junk allllll the time, and they're still in shape months to come. So if they can do it, why can't we? I'm sure they just don't eat and eat and eat though.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options

Hi! Looks like you have a lot of cruises scheduled! Just wondering-how easy (or not) is it to stick to eating well and working out on a cruise? I've never been.

On cruise ships you have a lot of stairs that you can use, you can walk around the ship on the promenade deck or on the sports deck which is the highest deck. That is a good way to exercise and sunbath at the same time. You will also find a fitness center with most of the equipment you need. When you stop ashore, you can participate in shore excursions that are physically challenging like mountain biking, scuba diving, hiking and many others.

In the buffet areas, you will find a lot of fruits and vegetables centers. In the dining room, you will find different meal choices and it is specified when the meal is vegetarian, spicy or different alternatives. If you don't take too many tropical drinks and too many desserts, you can easily come back and feel good about yourself. For breakfasts, I go to the egg station and have myself an omelet with a lot of vegetables and a bit of cheese. They are normally done with oil, but you can ask to have it done with butter. I don't. I prefer to have mine done with oil.

On my last cruise, I was with a friend and she really wasn't watching what she was eating, she was indulging a lot. Her plates were really full, she took a lot of bacon, sausages and all those greasy foods while I kept on being careful and making wise choices. My meals were really tasty and I don't beleive that I deprived myself at all. Quantity is good, but quality is so much better!!! It was a 5 days cruise with only one stop and I gained about 3 pounds I could have walked around the ship a lot more, but since my friend prefered to lay down on a lounge chair and sleep under the sun, I would have had to do it alone... I didn't feel like it :explode: My friend on the other hand gained 10 pounds!!!

On my next cruise, which will last 14 nights, I will stop in 11 different islands and there are only two days spent at sea. I intend to enjoy what the islands can offer me 100%. I intend to move a lot and if I can afford it, do several activities that are active and demanding. My goal on this cruise is not to gain more than 5 pounds. With all the stairs I will have to climb and all the walking I will have to do, I am pretty sure to reach my goal :happy: My stateroom is on deck 5 and the morning buffet is 9 decks above. The only problem is that the patisserie counter is on deck 5 really close to my stateroom and open from 7 am till 11 pm :noway: Talk about temptation!!! :noway: I have a really sweet tooth so I will have to control myself :grumble:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    For now, I will go prepare my lunch. It will be a pizza done on an wholeweath tortilla with some sour cream, some guacamole, a lot of vegetables, some chicken and some cheese. Talk about indulging in taste!!!