Can anyone recommend a good scale

Options
I am so frustrated with my scale, it reads one weight when I first get on it, and then if I try again just to make sure it reads something different, not just a few lbs difference Im talking 5-10 lb difference, I think its the flooring in my home, can anyone recommend a scale that can measure on carpet, or hard floors, just thought I would ask, you professionals!

Thx

Replies

• BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you have a bed bath and beyond in your area...go there they train their employees very well on their products, and they have a ton of scales. They also have all their scales out on display so you can try em out before you buy them.

-Sarah(former Bed bath and beyond employee)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I have three Weight Watchers scales in my house (different models) and all will give the same reading on the same day at approximately the same time. The readings from these match the readings on my boyfriend's scale, but I'm not sure of the brand on his.

Weight Watcher scales can be purchased at Walmart for approximately $30 and I've used mine on both linoleum and pergo (hardwood) flooring with no problems on the readings.

Good luck!
  • Talieowl
    Talieowl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If your scale is on carpet it is likely to do that. Same if it's not on level flooring. Before getting a new scale, take it someplace with a concrete, flat floor and try it there. That will tell you whether it is the scale or your flooring.

If it is your floor buy or ask someone to cut you a 2' x 2' piece of 1/2-inch thick plywood. Put that under your scale. You can paint it to match. You want the plywood to be larger that the scale so it has a good, solid surface.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself on carpet could probably make the reading be false because the carpet absorbs the shock. Definitely do what Talieowl said and find a hard surface to always weight yourself on. :flowerforyou:
  • nfreeman08
    Options
    Thanks you all are great, I will try the plywood option! My hubby is pretty handy in that area....
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    I second the weight watchers scale. I had the same problem and did a lot of research on it. I just purchased the WW24W model. It's made for Weight Watchers made by CONAIR. It was $30 at Target. Also, like the other members said, put the scale on a hardwood floor. :) Happy weighing! lol