I want to be stronger.

Options
I am 9 pounds down, which is great. But I know I should be losing more especially with all the workouts I do. I am still overeating. Any tips on how to be stronger and withstand overeating? Is it bad to be VERY strict for a while? I cant even look at a cookie without eating it.

I need TIPS that have helped you be better. TIP away please! :)

Replies

• NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    SLOWLY and consistently add little amounts of weight to your weight lifting program. And this isn't a "tip", it's the ONLY way to get stronger.
  • smemilypfeif
    Options
    You're doing great! Here are my best suggestions...

1. Avoid exposure to bad foods. If they're not there, you can't eat them. Don't keep them in the house at all.

2. Log every single bite, and if you to splurge a little, try to find something that's not as bad as others, and have it as early in the day as possible so you have a chance to work it off.

3. If you're a late-in-the-day treat person like me, try to find things that feel treat-ish to you, but are still within the plan - nutritive, within your calorie goals, etc. I do a little high-fiber cereal with fruit in the evening. I use 1% milk if I can spare the calories and otherwise, it's almond or flax milk. Such a treat, and totally "legal."

4. Get yourself a buddy. Find someone on here or in your life who's on the same track and also needs some support. Don't give each other guilt, but support each other. It really helps.

5. When you slip (we all do) just pick it up right away and get back on track. Don't get discouraged and figure you've already blown it so what's one more cookie... every bit counts. Get back to it sooner and you'll be better off.

6. Maybe try a few sessions with a personal trainer. It's helping me immensely. Combine cardio with weights.

Just keep at it. You'll get there!
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Lol, sorry I thought you literally wanted to get stronger!
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    What I said on your post. Allow yourself fun treats, but PLAN them. Like, only every other Friday have a bad meal. Know what you are going to eat.

Also, if you snack a lot, make the snacks in your house better, and follow the tips on a recent post someone started about ways to avoid late night snacking. If you look on my profile you'll probably find where I commented that will link you to it.

Some people can be moderate, but some people have to go cold turkey. Find out which type you are. If you don't want to be the cold turkey person, then you need to teach yourself better control. I had to do that because I SURE as heck am not giving up my mac n cheese and pizza! :noway:

We have all probably been through this at some point, so keep seeing support!
  • katrina1501
    katrina1501 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    look for healthier treats, like if you crave chocolate have an options hot chocolate which is only 37 cals and makes you think youve had a naughty treat when really you had very little calories but conquered the craving

also if you find your over eating at meals, break down your meals to more a day - have the same amount of food but over 4 meals say instead of 3

When it comes to temptations, think why you are trying to get healthier and how you will feel after you've had the treat, have some fruit instead or something low in fat but what you enjoy

It will get easier and you have all of us for moral support and if you do mess up one day tomorrow is always a new day and you can always do abit more exercise that day to counter balance the treat

Good Luck