Chalean Extreme...

Options
I am going to finish Insanity by beachbody after Christmas. Then... the plan is to start Chalean Extreme. I have 3, 5, 8. and 10 pound dumbbells.... What else should I purchase?

Replies

• wendylea
    Options
    hey there!
    I've been doing her workout...it is great!
    Start with what you have and then purchase when you need more weights!
    You may surprise yourself and need heavier weights sooner than you think!
    or you may want to use the bands-just as hard as weights but they take up less room!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi girl, it is I your "Insanity" friend! I think she uses bands too! Did you or do you have the deluxe kit? I bought my ChaLean Extreme today from ebay and they said it was shipped today!! Yeah !!! I have a gym in my basement and with a son into heavy weight lifting we have from tiny 3 pounders to huge that I have a hard time moving! I have bands, tubing, steps, fitballs etc::: I am sooo excited for another series although I will see about keeping the Insanity in there for cardio! Take care!
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've done both workouts, as well. The Chalean cardio doesn't compare to Insanity, but I don't think anything out there does! It will be a welcome break from the intensity of Insanity. I love Chalean Extreme, great workouts that really are geared for women - butt, thighs, hips, core. Another great series from Beachbody!

Stephanie
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi girl, it is I your "Insanity" friend! I think she uses bands too! Did you or do you have the deluxe kit? I bought my ChaLean Extreme today from ebay and they said it was shipped today!! Yeah !!! I have a gym in my basement and with a son into heavy weight lifting we have from tiny 3 pounders to huge that I have a hard time moving! I have bands, tubing, steps, fitballs etc::: I am sooo excited for another series although I will see about keeping the Insanity in there for cardio! Take care!

Wow. Maybe we can follow each other through Chalean too. I can't start Chalean until the 1st week of Feb. Let me know when you are starting.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I've done both workouts, as well. The Chalean cardio doesn't compare to Insanity, but I don't think anything out there does! It will be a welcome break from the intensity of Insanity. I love Chalean Extreme, great workouts that really are geared for women - butt, thighs, hips, core. Another great series from Beachbody!

Stephanie

I agree w/ Stephanie, of course (Hi Steph!). Nothing compares to Insanity once you do it! I do love ChaLean though and still add in some of the workouts. I just did Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance followed by ChaLean's I've Got Abs today.

You'll need heavier dumbbells for ChaLean, I would at least get 15#'s and maybe 20#'s for lower body. HTH!
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi All. I'm getting ready to re-start ChaLean next week, and was looking through the back threads to see if there was anyone out there currently doing it.

Last time I stalled out on week 5, and I just realized how much I miss it. I hate the cardio work outs with it (I think part of why I stalled) and plan on doing something else on the cardio days.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Hi All. I'm getting ready to re-start ChaLean next week, and was looking through the back threads to see if there was anyone out there currently doing it.

Last time I stalled out on week 5, and I just realized how much I miss it. I hate the cardio work outs with it (I think part of why I stalled) and plan on doing something else on the cardio days.
    [/quote
    Hi Cynder, I am hoping to start my ChaLean on Tuesday when I get back from a trip or Is it like Insanity where they start you on a Monday? Actually I am soooo hoping it is here by Monday!! I am excited to start another program and I am sure I will incorporate the insanity cardio for some of ChaLeans! Why did you NOT like her cardio? We may have to start a new Lean Extreme blog! Best wishes!!!
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    I have one week left of CE Lean. I have lost 11 pounds so far went from a 12/14 to currently a 8 and I probably need a 6 but don't want to spend money on clothes before I even out.

I made the investment and purchased the SelectTec. I do not regret that decision. I started with the 5 to 12 pounds but I am up to 30 on some of the exercises. I only had 3 & 5 pounds weights to start with so it was worth purchasing the whole set in one plus I don't have alot of space. But if you already have most of what you think you will need to start with and don't want to make the investment then just buy heavier as you need them.

I also have a friend that is using the bands and she is seeing the same results that I saw when I was in her stage.

Hope this helps.
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Vhuber- I started this morning. I used my bands, well band, singular I need to go more or convince the husband to get the select techs.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I am ticked !! My Extreme has NOT arrived yet!!!!! Sometime the postal service is slower than ANY other service. URRRRRR! I WILL get going WHEN it gets here!!