How do you tighten up skin while losing weight?

Options
I've lost 26lbs out of 90-100 that I need to lose and I'm afraid of having loose skin everywhere when I'm done, how do I avoid that? My goal is to be slim and toned, not bulked up with muscle....

Replies

• GA_Gyrl
    GA_Gyrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Weight training!!!!! :-) Women will NOT bulk up with weight training it will tone you up and lean your body out! I have been weight training WITH intense cardio and have lost 64 lbs and have muscle.....muscles are sexy!
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Weights! I also use tons of lotion too, to help with my skin elasticity. Mederma has helped improve my stretch marks and Nivea Goodbye Cellulite is also helpful. It's not perfect, but better (and hey, that's all I wanted!).
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear how people answer this question too. I told my hubby last night after I lose some more weight I'm going to make a trip to the medical spa and see what they can do about tightening my skin as I lose so I don't end up with a bunch of saggy skin once I reach my goal weight.
  • owaranai14
    Options
    I say pilates!
  • jscheuf
    jscheuf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer told me to use cocoa butter every day to help keep skin tight. That on top of toning your muscles should be good!
  • sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Weights! I also use tons of lotion too, to help with my skin elasticity. Mederma has helped improve my stretch marks and Nivea Goodbye Cellulite is also helpful. It's not perfect, but better (and hey, that's all I wanted!).

^^^This.
    I use the Nivea GB Cellulite and it's not a miracle lotion but it helps. I also use Palmer's Vitamin E oil. Time helps, I find that I drop weight, am a little saggy, the losing slows for a couple weeks, my skin shrinks more and I look better...rinse and repeat. I guess skin needs time to shrink back down so you can't expect it to happen overnight. I am sure there will be spots (esp on my abdomen and belly) that will always have saggy skin, but maybe someday it will get better. I was really worried about my arms (I have a strapless wedding dress to get into in August!) but they seem to be pulling themselves back into place pretty well. And it is what it is! I've lost what my ticker says since joining MFP but lost 97 lbs total so far. Oh, and drink lots and lots of water, hydrate your insides as well as your outside!
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weight training!!!!! :-) Women will NOT bulk up with weight training it will tone you up and lean your body out! I have been weight training WITH intense cardio and have lost 64 lbs and have muscle.....muscles are sexy!

^^^ I TOTALLY AGREE!!!
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options

Yes!:glasses: