new and need some help

Options
Hey everyone,
I am new here. I was signed up on here before with another name but never posted, and eventually forgot all about this site. Now i am getting desperate, i have gained more weight and need to loose 65lbs. I was to shy to post before but now i figure i need to take a step and try to help myself, and ask for support and help from others. Its hard to talk to friends. I am best friends with my mother, she weighs at least 150lbs overweight and i see myself heading there, i have tried to get her to loose weight with me but it just doesn't work she is in denial and thinks she is just fine and healthy, she has high bloodpressure and asthma. I am only 25 and i should not be this out of shape. I want to do so much in life and my weight holds me back. I am busy and its hard but who isn't and i see others who are doing it, and i need to learn how to do that.
I have always been overweight, and so busy i figured I'll try to loose weight later, i over eat and don't exercise enough, i am tired all the time, i get anxious and depressed. I never used to feel like this before and before all these thing start having very bad affects on my life i want to change it, I need to change it to have a better life. I am willing to try to loose weight again and i am hoping to make a few friends here to help me stay motivated and i won't just stop trying after a few days or a week or two. I am asking... well begging more like it... for support, ideas, tips. I know its me that needs to do it, but it is just so hard alone with no one to talk to. I need to learn a new way to live and that sounds scary to me.
sorry for such a long intro post but it makes me feel better already, and i am going to go for a walk after this. I am hoping this time i can make some good changes in my life. Here i go wish me luck!

Replies

• pr1ncess1
    Options
    on this site, you will get the help and support you want. i signed up on site in may and just like you, i totally forgot about it. i just got back on it about a week ago and I am addicted to it. there are so many nice people to help and keep you motivated. when i put food into my food diary it helps me A LOT.you know that you want this change and i know that you will succeed :) i wish you the best of luck!!!!!!
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    i feel /felt the same as u busy stressed depressed and losing the battle with weight. This site is a lifesaver it help u change make a lifestyle change and its great!!!! add me and i will help if u need me for anything just message me im on her 1-3 times a day and u can join my group as well its small so more attention to detail we weigh in on mondays we r only in the 2nd week and we r there for each other. Its called New Change 4 U ...look for the post. I put up new weekly posts every sunday and we do little challenges to keep us motivated.

I really hope this works for u i have a lot of weight to lose but small goals help set urself some and good luck!!
  • PatB52
    PatB52 Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome Kimbery Sue. A lot of what you have described, I've been through. I'm a good deal older than you but I'm really glad that you are ready to take steps to change your weight - and your life - at 25.

Maybe if your mom sees you losing weight and being happy with what you are doing, she'll decide to join you in your quest. You can't make her do it. She has to want to do it for herself. Just be the best role model for her that you can. Kind of a switch, huh?

I have found having the exercise and food log capabilities here at MFP to be a big help for me. The food database is really incredible and it so much easier than hand writing everything down and having to look up the calories in a book.

Also, don't hesitate to ask for support if you are feeling down or depressed. There will always be someone here with an encouraging word.

Best wishes to you. You are doing a good thing!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi kimberly_sue, I wanted to welcome you to an awesome site that truly works, you can see it through all the success blogs! This is YOUR journey and like you say this is something only you can do, we here at MFP are here to support , share and encourage you! Follow what MFP tells you, get in some exercise that makes you huff & puff for at least 1/2 to 1 hour, drink 64oz, of water and find a group under the TOPICS and join so you feel involved and get MORE support! I do truly want you to succeed!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You've got some good advice here.
    I find it really helpful to come here & read old posts about food choices & exercise.
    I've been on lots of different "diets," but never realized that there are lots of real people out there like me who have overcome & triumphed until I came here. I have learned so much about exercise & what's new & what's even possible & you'll surely find something that works for you.
    Hang out here when you're feeling munchy.
    :wink:
  • sgrmgnolya
    Options
    Hi Kimberly Sue,
    I'm Kimberly Ann. Glad to meet you. You are awesome for just joining and wanting to change. It takes a lot more than most people would think! Have a great attitude this week, and stay excited about your new decision to make your body match your mindset.
    I just joined too. Things are going well so far...
  • kimberly_sue
    Options
    wow thank you everyone. you guys have no idea how much this helps. before i posted i was feeling down tonight and was going to be good friends with a pack of ores and peanut butter, but instead i walked for 15 mins (not much but its a start for me) and am going to make a salad, and drank a big glass of water. i love this place already, and am so happy i posted. from the encouragement you guys gave me tonight it helped me make one day better. i have my mind set that today was good and tomorrow will be another good day. you guys help more then you can ever know.