Friday Lunch...Is this safe and Ok?

Options
bcmlam1001
bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
Ok, I try hard all week and by Friday I am usually tired and fatigued and that is a long work day for me so this is what I do alot, and I did it just today. I usually treat myself to something small off the dollar menus at BK, Sonic or Krystal just to give myself a break from wheat sandwiches and all the healthy things I eat all weak. The reason I go for the dollar menu is because it is small items and nothing huge that would cause me to blow it bad. I do this tho just so I don't blow it bad altogether. So today i had 2 Krystal burgers and a small fry. I compared it to the calories in a 6" turkey subway on honey oat with sweet onion sauce and all the veggies. My lunch was 440 cals and 19 fat VS 280 cals and 4 fat + 50 or more cals for sweet onion Subway. I usually just do this once a week on Friday and I feel like I am keeping it small and in check plus it gives me something to look forward to on Fridays and it helps me to not crave and forbid myself to the point I binge out. So, can someone tell me if this is smart? The sodium is about hte same in both meals. I would appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Replies

• JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine as long as you are seeing the results you want to see overall and you know that if your weightloss stalls that it could be a contributor. I don't think any food should be 100% banned from a "diet", especially if you don't let it be an excuse to totally give up on eating better (some people would say, "Oh, I caved in and got a BIG Mac! I might as well eat whatever I want now because I failed to stay on my diet!"). Personally, if I limit what I can eat or drink, it just makes me want it that much more.

If that's your treat for being good the rest of the week, I say go for it! :happy:
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with a little cheat here and there throughout the week to keep you sane! but you have to be careful with how you cheat. yes, you can eat fast food and stay within calories and macros and you will lose weight. but its not healthy, clean eating and losing. there arent nearly as many nutrients in the fast food options. there are some great recipes to be found out there, even making homemade fast food!

but if you are losing weight at the pace you want, then i say continue this friday afternoon delight!!
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well, needless to say, I really thought I wanted my treat, and like I said I usually do it on Fridays but today was actually 2 weeks since I've done it. Well, it wasn't 30 minutes after I ate it that my stomach was killing me and I regretted it. So, after 2 weeks of purging my system, not eating fried and greasy junk this was enough to make me not want anymore any time soon! So my Friday treats my get cut out anyways!!!