Who on here does Curves?

yankeefamily05
yankeefamily05 Posts: 657
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I was curious to see how many people on here go to curves??...Are you getting great results??...Feedback would be great..TIA!:drinker:

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I did Curves for over a year. I got some results the first week or 2 and then nothing really. I lost a few inches and then nothing. But I wasnt gaining either. I never worked up a sweat. Although there were some women who got results, it just wasnt for me. I think if you have a lot of weight to lose I would pair it with other workouts and exercise. Then if you lose the weight you want to lose it would be good for maintenance. This is just my opinion. Also, some locations offer other classes and are really involved in their client's workouts and nutrition. The location near me wasn't, and they didnt really keep good track of everyone, therefore that might have been part of the problem also. Good Luck in whatever you decide! :drinker:
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    My wife does Curves about 3 times a week and really enjoys it. It has worked for her. Check out our "Then & Now" picture in my photos to see the results. My main photo is our "Now" photo.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    I've been working 3x/week at curves for nearly 14 months. At first, my loss was minimum & yes didn't really work up a sweat. Besides curves, I was running about 1-1.5 miles 3x/week.

Our facility added the "smart" system. With that I was truly able to see my calories burned & muscles group. I average 500 calories. Some days 470 - same days 530 calories.

I became frustrated with the lack of loss. Right after Labor Day, I finally asked one the trainers to look at what I was eating. I had given her my daily food updates from this site.

Her suggestions -- have 100grams of protein. This site suggested I do 47grams. And to eat MORE. Based on the calories burned, I wasn't eating enough. Believe me this was a HUGE shocker to me.

I also changed my workouts -- walk 20 minutes 4-5x/week, jog 2 miles 3x/week and curves 3x/week. And my curves workouts are bringing on a light sweat & evaluated heart rate.

The calories consumed are based on my workouts. If it's a 900 calories consumed day, I tend to eat 1800-2000 calories. Days I don't work out at all, 1200 calories.

With this in mind, since Labor day weekend, I have lost appx 7lbs. For the past two weeks, I've lost apprx 1 1/2lbs a week.

And to my great suprise, for the month of September, I lost the most amount of pounds in our Curves. But came in 3rd place for most inches lost. I had not been on the top loser board before.

Next week, I should hit my 200th visit.

Good luck.

147642.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    I went for about 4 years, sometimes more faithfully than other times. When I went & seriously worked hard I did really good. Other times, I figured if I did anything it was better than nothing.
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    i was a member of curves for a year, and i didn't lose any weight. i lost/gained the same 5lbs the whole time i was there. i recently quit, and once i lose the weight i want i think i'll go back there to maintain
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    I joined Curves the last weekend of March this year. In July I won the Biggest Loser contest they had (25 pounds/8.6% in 2 months). You get out of it what you put into it. My Curves does have the CurvesSmart machines and it is helpful to kep you focused and working hard with each workout.

:happy: As of Oct 1 I have lost 76 pounds and at least 2 shirt sizes. I actually don't like shopping for clothes so I am putting it off as long as possible. I've lost approximately 28 inches and my BMI is down 10 points. my body fat % is down at least 3 points (the 1st 2 months that I was there the machine would not even register my body fat %:grumble: )

Some people feel stifled by the limited machines and the fact that a lot of members are older women and not "Gym Rats" For some of them it is more of a social time than anything. But I think you get out of it what you put into it.
  • You definitely get out of Curves what you put in. I push hard on the machines and sweat like mad.
    Our branch has signed most of us up for the smart system which starts in a couple of weeks. I am VERY excited for it because it will show exact stats of how I am doing in real time.

Some people I talk to about Curves have a different feeling in their branch. I think the staff make a huge difference too. My trainer is very involved in my food and training. It helps a lot.

Have lost 4.4kg and 11cm so far (2 months) and I am hoping for some even bigger results now that I have found this handy site and am counting calories.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :happy: I think you will really like the CurvesSmart program, SAGirl. Just don't let the computer discourage you if it doesn't give you a good report every time. I don't get Green all the time but I am still making good progress as far as how I feel, my pain level, and my continued weight loss.

Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.