73cals left and really want a burger =|

Options
Hi all I need abit of advice here I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm sure you all know that over eating guilt,I have 73 cals left for today but I'm craving a burger so much! Should I give in to temptation and give myself a break,or should I just say NO starve till breakfast time =\

Replies

• maria78253
    Options
    Have half of it : )
  • toomuchlatte
    Options
    Lol ummmmmm....this is not good! It's only day 5 of my diet =\
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Work out! 50 calories for 100 jumping jacks. No excuse that you have no time or membership.
  • JRedwine
    JRedwine Posts: 16
    Options
    Its truly up to you, I went threw the same thing last weekend but with birthday cake. And of course I ate it but then thought this is why I am over weight I cant just say NO or I make a excuse and tell my self well I will work out extra hard the next time. It gets frustrating! If you can just say No drink a big glass of water to make you fuller. Helps me.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Eat half. Long walk. Start fresh tomorrow.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in traditional "diets". We need to adjust our overall eating to something we can maintain forever- diet in the broadest term.

Instead of looking at the calories by the day, try to think by the week. Sure, the burger will put you over today, but could you eat a little less for the next few days - just by 50 calories or so - so that within a 7 day period your calories average to what your daily total should be? It's a little extra work, but I think it helps to put everything in perspective.

Were it me, and I was hungry, I'd have it. Just skip the high calorie toppings- stick to veggies, mustard, ketchup, etc....
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself this. Are you hungry or are you craving a hamburger? Are you hungry enough to go eat carrots/celery? If not you probably aren't hungry you just have a craving.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Get some exercise in. Go for a run, do some crunches and jumping jacks. make yourself pay for that burger. Depending on where you get that burger from it could range from 250 to 700 calories. Choose wisely.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    You can do one of two things......

You can stay focused on your goal and have a 73 calorie healthy alternative that is protein rich and will make you feel full, or you can have the burger and then exercise to burn off the extra calories you need to track it.

Do what you know will work best for you, sometimes you just gotta give into the craving....others willpower can win!!!
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    Work out to get some more calories!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about calories and just throw the bun away, that's the worst part of a burger by far.
  • toomuchlatte
    Options
    For this week I think I have been under calorie on two days by around 250-300 altogether,the burger I want is a home made one that you put in the grill and just add a whole meal bread and tomato ketchup,it's only 7.39pm so I'm going to try and hold out until 8.30 if I ABSOLUTLY must eat one I will make it if not I think I may just go over a few points and make a bowl of porridge which is still a lot of cals but healthier I think,I know about being hungry enough to eat carrots I say the same thing to my children lol but I need to give my taste buds and body a lil time to adjust to fresh foods if I rush and never feel like I'm satified with what I eat I know I'll fail,thank you everyone for support I feel stupid but I know you all have been there,and as for birthday cake omg I love it way too much! X
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Why a burger? Can you try another high protein food that is less in calories and fat? Like a can of tuna in water?
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You could probably make a 96% lean beef patty and not be too far over your calories. Beware, 96% lean beef is expensive, but you get what you pay for.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Put on your shoes and run (literally) to the market for the ingredients. Walk back home (or run if you can while carrying your purchases) and make yourself a burger. You've just earned the calories.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hi all I need abit of advice here I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm sure you all know that over eating guilt,I have 73 cals left for today but I'm craving a burger so much! Should I give in to temptation and give myself a break,or should I just say NO starve till breakfast time =\
    Don't do it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    For this week I think I have been under calorie on two days by around 250-300 altogether
    300+ calories is enough, depending on the size of the burger. Especially if you're willing to forego the bread, or do a little exercise.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Should I give in to temptation and give myself a break,or should I just say NO starve till breakfast time =\
    And whether you eat the burger or something else, don't starve yourself if you're actually hungry.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    eat it. and then just move on tomorrrow.