Weird success...but a welcome one!

My weight comes off slowly. I do a lot of strength training, and I am very active and eat more calores..so I"m happy with 1/2 a pound to a pound a week.

This morning I went for a run...and noticed...that my legs just seemed to move easier...at first I'm thinking "hmm..I"m more fit?". which is true I guess...but then I realized..My thighs no longer rub when I walk..haha!!! I felt and odd "breezy" sensation down there...and laughed. Now.."not having my thighs touch" has never been a "goal" that I really understood..as the touching has never caused problems with chafing or anything for me personally...but noticing they no longer were made me oddly happy?

It made my run easier. I liked it.

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    *LIKE*

i can't wait for my thighs to not touch when i'm sitting down wearing a skirt or dress in my car. and feeling the stickiness in the upper thighs from sweat.
  • Amazing. Period.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    hehehehe LOVE!!! :) It's the little, odd things that sometimes matter...and just make us really smile :) Great NSV :)
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Cool!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Congrats! Kind of like changing from jeans to bike shorts when riding. :laugh:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Awesome! It's always the little victories that you didn't expect that make your day and keep you motivated to stay on your path. Keep up the good work!
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Awesome!!!

Also something I never thought about, my legs have been chafing my entire life, makes it hard to wear skirts! Another awesome thing to look forward to. I'm happy for you :)
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    I don't think I've experienced this in my life. Another thing to look forward to.

Great job!
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Always the little things that make the biggest difference :D Congrats!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Awesome!!
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Way to go lady!!!!!!!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    HA HA HA awesome - also one of my NSVs...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    My weight comes off slowly. I do a lot of strength training, and I am very active and eat more calores..so I"m happy with 1/2 a pound to a pound a week.

This morning I went for a run...and noticed...that my legs just seemed to move easier...at first I'm thinking "hmm..I"m more fit?". which is true I guess...but then I realized..My thighs no longer rub when I walk..haha!!! I felt and odd "breezy" sensation down there...and laughed. Now.."not having my thighs touch" has never been a "goal" that I really understood..as the touching has never caused problems with chafing or anything for me personally...but noticing they no longer were made me oddly happy?

It made my run easier. I liked it.

Good for you girl...that's absolutely awesome!
  • kateschneider
    kateschneider Posts: 6 Member
    Someday.... someday............ :smile:

Congrats!
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Yay you!!!! Thats so awesome! I dont know if my thighs will ever not touch lol
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    That's awesome!!! I can't wait for my thighs to get smaller or more fit so I can actually sit with my legs crossed lol
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    It's a great NSV! I'm just built with very close legs, so even when I was ridiculously skinny my thighs touched. It would be dreamy to experience that! :)

Congrats on your successes!!!
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Yay you!!!! Thats so awesome! I dont know if my thighs will ever not touch lol

I'm in the same boat! :laugh: I've always had big thighs that fit my body (6'1") and a lot of it had to do with marching band and sitting on my butt for at least 85% of my day. This Summer I've been doing better with just sitting around having a hard time I want to get up and do things (like swim). :D

Congrats on this NSV can't wait to have one!
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    This is absolutely one of my goals but I know it'll NEVER be a surprise to me because I monitor for it!

Anyway, GREAT JOB!!!!
  • anniepix
    anniepix Posts: 1
    Great succes!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!