Salad Dressing

Options

Replies

• FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse makes wonderful yogurt based dressings. They have a great raspberry vinaigrette too, low in calories & lower in sodium. I find them in the produce section of my grocery store in the refrigeration section. You can check the nutritional facts out on their website. http://bolthouse.com/our-products/dressings
  • davisjillian30
    davisjillian30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch yogurt dressing. The caesar dressing is good too. If you like ranch, this is the lowest calorie one I have seen and it actually tastes good. 45 cals per 2 Tbsp. and only 3g of fat.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Maries's Greek dressing
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have been using Bolthouse Dressing. The creamy ones are yogurt based and fewer calories. They are in the refridgerated section in the store. The ranch they have is good, but so are the honey mustard, ceasar, raspberry vinigrette... there are quite a few choices. :tongue:
  • mizzleslie7
    Options
    I usually use light olive oil and vinegar with some lime/lemon also i use the sprays of italian or balslamic vin. thats 1 calorie a spray
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms, all the way. All of their creamy salad dressings are yogurt based and taste amazing, but the ingredients are far more natural than Kraft and Kraft-alikes. The creamy dressings range in the 45-50 cal area for 2 Tbsp. Their vinaigrettes are even lower in calories. I haven't really tried the vinaigrettes, but I haven't met a creamy dressing of theirs that I didn't like (my favourites are Honey Mustard and Salsa Ranch. I also use the Honey Mustard as a dipping sauce for meats, like chicken, sausages, etc). http://bolthouse.com/

A good sign is that they're kept in a refrigerated section in stores, and they have a significantly shorter shelf-life than the suspiciously long-lived (and cloyingly acidic) Kraft dressings in the dry food aisles.
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Just make sure the first ingredient isn't high fructose corn syrup!
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    use cindy's i think its organic
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I don't mix them, i just drizzle each one over my salad, the amount depends on your taste, i put barely any oil but quite a bit of a good balsamic vinegar on, but i love me some vinegar.
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms, all the way. All of their creamy salad dressings are yogurt based and taste amazing, but the ingredients are far more natural than Kraft and Kraft-alikes. The creamy dressings range in the 45-50 cal area for 2 Tbsp. Their vinaigrettes are even lower in calories. I haven't really tried the vinaigrettes, but I haven't met a creamy dressing of theirs that I didn't like (my favourites are Honey Mustard and Salsa Ranch. I also use the Honey Mustard as a dipping sauce for meats, like chicken, sausages, etc). http://bolthouse.com/

A good sign is that they're kept in a refrigerated section in stores, and they have a significantly shorter shelf-life than the suspiciously long-lived (and cloyingly acidic) Kraft dressings in the dry food aisles.

I'll have to look for those! I kind of looked at the ones that were with the packages of lettuce, but not sure if they had that brand.
    Good thing is- I really don't use much dressing at all- I don't like my lettuce drowning.
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just make sure the first ingredient isn't high fructose corn syrup!

That is what I was noticing with a lot of them. It might not have been the first ingredient, but it was in there.
  • TheBigBoots
    TheBigBoots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make my own generally. Olive Oil, rice wine vinegar, a little Dijon, a pinch of salt and some fresh ground black pepper. Really good and you know exactly what's in it.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I do NOT like to skimp on my dressing when I eat a salad. I love the regular old Hidden Valley Ranch, but I know it's loaded in fat and calories. So I found Marie's yogurt dressing (in the produce section of the grocery store) to be EXCELLENT! The ranch and parmesean is AWESOME! I also like Bolthouse yogurt caesar and ranch dressing as well! Yogurt seems the way to go! You have have the good taste and less cal/fat!!!
  • steveman99
    steveman99 Posts: 27
    Options
    I like to make my own. Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and some italian seasoning.
    That's what I do but I also incorporate capons, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon, and something else, which eludes me...oh yeah, my teeth!!!
    :noway:
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can make your own ranch and it is AMAZING. 1 cup non fat greek yogurt. 1/2 cup skim milk and one packet of ranch seasoning. It tastes like full fat ranch and it's 24 calories for 2 tbsp and tons of protein.
  • ladyjammie
    ladyjammie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MKLAMAN
    MKLAMAN Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Fat Free Honey Dijon - 35 calories in 2 Tbsp is my favorite.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Newmans Own Balsamic vinaigrette (light) has become a staple in our house
  • Foxcyclops
    Foxcyclops Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had an Orange Ginger Dressing from a Japanese Steakhouse I'm trying to remake
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    A zero calorie dressing i make is vinegar with lemon juice. Nice and tangy with 0 calories, 0 sodium, 0 fat!

Yep thats pretty good. When I'm at work and decide to get fast food for lunch I'll normally go to Subway grab one of thier salads have them put double vegies and top it with some red wine vinegar. Although I dont mind thier light italian dressing which is only 25 cal.