AM or PM workout?

Options
I usually work out @ night but i've heard that you actually burn more calories if u work out in the am. i'm guessing it's b/c you rev up ur body early and get it going & burning for the day. Anyone have any thoughts on this? noticed any difference when you did switched from one to the other, etc?

thanks!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tizzykay
    Options
    I work out in the monring so that way I get it over with and I have read that the morning is a better time to work out. Also its a great way to start the day, it wakes me up and makes me feel good:smile: And then you dont have the excuse of being tired in the evening and dont want to go to the gym
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've got to 'ditto' tizzykay :)

If I don't workout in the mornings, chances are I'll find any/every excuse not to work out at night. Either 'I don't want to leave the house AGAIN to go to the gym' or 'ugh- I need to do laundry/clean' or 'I've had such a long day at work, I deserve to veg out a little.'

Never fails. lol

It took me a while to get used to getting up earlier to work out...but now I enjoy it :) After getting up so early, going to bed earlier just happens since you're pooped by 10pm anyways..which makes getting up early again easier. lol

Like tizzykay says, I like to 'get it over with.' And by the end of the day I so thankful that I did.
  • kickle88
    Options
    AM workout if you can before eating breakfast!!! The main reason being that you will burn more fat that way. Obviously you don't eat during your sleep therefore when you workout first thing you are burning the stored fat. If you workout in the PM you are more likely to burn of the food that you ate that day. Also as you mentioned, if you workout in the morning you will start your metabilism off with a bang and burn calories better during the day. But as long as you are working out is the main thing.
  • mrcconway
    Options
    I know this might be hard for most people but I try to do and AM workout and a PM workout both before my meals as the workout will burn stored fat first, it will burn more after you stop, and with the wwater i drink during the workout I eat less as I am more full before I sit down for my meal.:smile:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    i prefer am cuz

1) i'm more energetic all day
    2) I eat healthier all day, don't want to ruin it
    3) work out harder
    4) i get the gym to myself!

Just try it only takes a week to adjust, perfect time right now with the time change, cuz hey! 6 am used to be 7 am right! :) haha
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I find AM works better for me. I used to try working out after work but found a hard time sticking to a schedule because I would be tired. AM workouts are the only way I've been able to stay motivated and keep my workouts consistent.

296106.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    Found this cool little page....

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-measure-your-own-metabolism.html

in there they said your metabolism slows later in the day, so working out at night could help boost it again later in the day....

Although I do believe AM is better : )
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your kind input:flowerforyou: