30 Day Shred - Your Review!

Options
I'm thinking about trying that 30 Day Shred. Have most of you found it beneficial? What changes did you see/feel after completely the first 30 days?

Replies

• aself3
    aself3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have LOVED the 30 day shred. jillian is amazing at motivating me!! I finished it once(though technically skipped a few days due to sickness) but still lost inches and lbs. I definitely recommend it to everyone! And whats nice is she has a modified version if ur just getting started, and u can stay at each level till ur comfortable moving on. Good luck!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Great for beginners but it wasnt hardcore enough for me :) I prefer lifting weights, p90x, chalean extreme, or insanity
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a good program for people whose goals are mainly aesthetic in nature. It will shed pounds and it will give some definition when combined with a low calorie diet. But it will not turn you into an athlete or prepare you to tackle any athletic challenges. Jillian's training style focuses mainly on what I refer to as "vanity training" which means it's all about showing you results that lead to looking better, but not necessarily PERFORMING better. You will notice that her programs are very popular with women but not with men. The reason why is because men actively working out generally are just as concerned with seeing performance-oriented results as they are visual, while women mainly care about the visual aspect only. Some key training techniques you won't see in Jillian programs that are crucial to seeing performance gains and overall fitness gains along with your visual gains:

Lifting with heavy weights
    Agility training
    Balance training

I think you'll be satisfied if your goal is only centered around the way you look in a bikini. But if what you seek is actual FITNESS on a level that prepares you for an athletic lifestyle then I can not recommend 30DS or Any Jillian program. You will be much happier with a program that incorporates aspects from many different training styles such as HIIT, Circuit training, Medicine ball training, Agility runs, Plyometrics, and of course--Heavy weight lifting.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I didn't lose a single pound or inch doing any of her workouts. However, you do feel a lot stronger. And 25 minutes just doesn't seem to be enough for me. However, my sister did it and lost 30 pounds. Not in 30 days she just continued to do the dvd for 6 months and lost the 30 in that time.

Even though I didn't have the best results I would still recommend it. However, if you have any kind of knee/wrist pain that be careful.