WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT! :'(

Options
I don't know why I'm not losing weight, it just wont happen for me...

Replies

• FITHEALTHY1
    FITHEALTHY1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes awhile. Hang in there, don't give up. Have you been tracking all your calories? Are you exercising? These two things are very important. Are you drinking plenty of water? How long have you been at it? Slow and steady wins the race. Just do these things and be patient. You'll get there!! Just don't give up!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    First off what are you doing to lose weight?
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    Anyone can add me if they want to see what I've been up to etc. But I've been eating mostly the same/under my calorie goal, I have been doing a lot of exercise and I drink about 2 litres of water daily!
    And still nothing, I keep bringing and I've make myself sick 2 days this week and then starting again but I just can't do it.
    I'm having a hard time at the moment because of a man and it makes me comfort eat sooooo bad and today, some people darted shouting things out in the street and I'm sure they called me fat too.
  • FITHEALTHY1
    FITHEALTHY1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. You are a valuable human being. So, you have some weight to lose. You are still a worthwhile person. I am sure it hurts when someone talks about you or yells mean things at you, but try not to let it get to you. Those people are immature regardless of their age. God made you and you are something to Him! I want you to keep trying. Do not give up! Try to turn to something positive for comfort. Try not to eat for comfort. I know it might be hard.

Now, if you are eating under your calorie goal set by this site, then you are starting off wrong. By not eating the right amount of healthy calories your body will go into starvation mode, your metabolism will slow down and you will actually start to gain rather than lose or at least when you do lose, if you start back eating normal you will definitely gain. This site is good to help you keep track of what you eat. Sounds like you are trying! Try to eat healthy foods, if you need a meal plan to follow there is also another site that is helpful too. I actually use both sites. The other site is called Sparkpeople. It has a meal plan you can follow if you want. I am using both sites and learning valuable things from both. I track my food and fitness in both. I am sort of on a plateau right now, but I know I will start to lose again soon. NO MATTER WHAT, DON"T QUIT!!!
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    Thankyou, I really appreeciate the motivation and help! :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me if they want to see what I've been up to etc. But I've been eating mostly the same/under my calorie goal, I have been doing a lot of exercise and I drink about 2 litres of water daily!
    And still nothing, I keep bringing and I've make myself sick 2 days this week and then starting again but I just can't do it.
    I'm having a hard time at the moment because of a man and it makes me comfort eat sooooo bad and today, some people darted shouting things out in the street and I'm sure they called me fat too.

Have you been fueling that lot of exercise?

Is that mostly the same/under calorie goal realistic for your weight loss amount?

Have you selected Sedentary activity level and 2lb weight loss goal because you thought it would be best?
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a while before the scale moves and then all of a sudden...Wham!!!...there went 5lbs!
    Don't give up. Keep exercising and watching those calories! :)
  • mizzleslie7
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you ive been stuck at the same weight for about a week it sucks to see the scale at the same weight. What I will be doing is measuring my self tonight to see if I have lost inches. I do notice the difference in the clothes but not the scale. Don't get discouraged we all start great at the beginning but then we have a steady point. Just keep doing what your doing and youll see when the weight wants to come off it will come off. Hope I helped since i know how you feel but we can do it :happy: :drinker:
  • CutieKate08
    Options
    Make sure you are not drinking tooo much water, cause you could be retaining water weight....also if you are working out a lot, sometimes, you gain muscle before you start to see weight loss on the scale, especially when you are starting out...so don't let that scale fool you! If you are feeling the burn and eating healthy (not starving yourself) you will loose weight. I only loose fraction of a lb a day...but they add up!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are not drinking tooo much water, cause you could be retaining water weight...
    That's terrible advice. The most common reason people retain water is due to not drinking enough water.

http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water_health/health1/1-stop-retaining-water-by-drinking-more.htm