Salad Dressing

Options

Replies

• Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    if you like spicy stuff, all of the prepared mustards are great as may-subs in tuna, as a side to fish and salmon and beef, and on salads. i am currently devouring french's brown mustard with horseradish.mmmmmmmmmm...they have a chipotle version i think and.....well plain old mustard. no fat no calories no carbs. if the mustard taste is too much, cut it with a little low fat mayo or greek yogurt. good as a coating before baking or pan frying meat too.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Ken's Steakhouse Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette is my absolute favorite. Second would be Bolthouse Ranch like others have mentioned (and I'm not usually a ranch dressing fan!).
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was going to start on post on this.. good timing! I like Italian but the sodium is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO high with it. I was going to ask what other low sodium options are out there. I spent 20 mins at Krogers going thru the dressings but most are 200+ sodium per serving. Great its only 25 cals but I like 1 part salad 3 parts dressing. lol I know I know but hey if I can find a good replacement Ill be in heaven!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I made my own from Pinterest. 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1/4 cup water, 4tsp of hidden valley ranch powder. Blend until smooth. 1/4 cup has 55 calories :) Tastes just like ranch!
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm Greek! I grew up on vinegar/oil dressing and still find it to be tasty and healthiest than everything else available. Though sometimes I give into some creamy ranch :laugh:
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    olive oil and lemon juice, with whatever seasonings you want

balsalmic vinegar and olive oil

blend avacado, lemon juice, olive oil, water and onion for a delish (but a little higher cal) dressing

use salsa instead of dressing

mix milk, greek yogurt and ranch powder mix for a low cal ranch - search the forums for the recipe - it's there!
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Other than the balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar and light olive oil, i like to use the Wishbone sprays....(except the ranch) it is 1 calorie per spray...and i usually dont spray more than 40 times...40 calories baby...and its pretty tasty :)
  • Trigrl83
    Trigrl83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    http://www.waldenfarms.com/

I really like the walden farms ranch with bacon.
  • kmayne
    kmayne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Walmart's Marketside brand has a lowfat Ranch Dip that is all natural and 40 calories per serving. I put it right on my salad as is, or you could thin it with milk (it is really thick) to be even lower in calories per serving. I'm super picky about my ranch dressing, and this is YUM! It's in the refrigerated produce section.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I usually just put olive oil and red wine vinegar on my salads
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    No time right now to read through all the responses but here is a link to some recipes.
    I have tried most of them and they are pretty good.
    http://paleodietlifestyle.com/salad-dressing-and-vinaigrettes/

Not necessarily low calorie but all clean ingredients
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like the kens honey mustard, ranch, and blue cheese. I measure out one table spoon (15g) and dip my fork into it before i pierce the salad.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I just bought Ken's Lite Olive Oil Vinaigrette. It's really good but you could probably make the same thing at home.
  • lbayly71
    lbayly71 Posts: 11
    Options
    Walden Farms has many different flavors but my fav is bacon ranch ... best part... no sugar, no carbs, no fat, no calories! It is actually pretty good surprisingly
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Bolthouse Farms. I thought I would die without my blue cheese dressing, so imagine my joy to find this.

Bolthouse Farms' version of blue cheese is 35 calories for 2 tbsps, and tastes wonderful. I don't even miss the "real" stuff.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've been using the organic yogurt ranch because I can't stand balsalmics. So good!
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No time right now to read through all the responses but here is a link to some recipes.
    I have tried most of them and they are pretty good.
    http://paleodietlifestyle.com/salad-dressing-and-vinaigrettes/

Not necessarily low calorie but all clean ingredients

I found that site today! I'll have to go back and read it when I have more time. :happy:
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Bolthouse Farms. I thought I would die without my blue cheese dressing, so imagine my joy to find this.

Bolthouse Farms' version of blue cheese is 35 calories for 2 tbsps, and tastes wonderful. I don't even miss the "real" stuff.

I will definitely have to look for these.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ken's Steakhouse Northern Italian Lite. OMG I love it!