Tummy tuck

Options
Hi! I'm wondering if any of you have lost a vast amount of weight and needed surgery for skin removal? I'd like to hear good/bad experiences ....would you do it again? Did you get down to goal? Etc etc thanks

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I plan on it, once I find a fantastic surgeon and save up some money.
  • Slimwithin0408
    Slimwithin0408 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Me too :-) found the surgeon, borrowed the money (ouch!!!) ....now just researching some real life opinions as I always worry that 'testimonials can be added by anyone!' good luck on your journey :-)
  • sarann111
    sarann111 Posts: 16
    Options
    Mine's scheduled for December; I gave myself a year in January to do all I could do (still trying) or come to terms with it. I've lost 115 pounds over the past two years, and the way I see it is I didn't put in all this work to still not be happy with my body.
  • Slimwithin0408
    Slimwithin0408 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi sarann! Very best of luck to you! I quite agree - subsequently I'm booked in for October.....as long as I lose another 2 1/2 stone by then or they won't do it....but I'm determined so I will!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i work in hospital. have seen many done. depends on doctor. look at his photos. ask friend whose a nurse look at her/his response. If you have extra skin this is the only way to get rid of it. Pts have come back always look good. make sure you are at goal weight or very close like 10-15 lbs. FYI: Most insurances will pay if you say you are getting rashes under fold or causing back pain.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I plan on having one done in 2013 hopefully after loosing my weight that I want to.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have these stretch marks and loose skin from having a baby and also from losing over 45 pounds and would love to have a tummy tuck to cut it off.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    www.realself.com is a great resource, with real people showing real results and experiences, just have to sort of tune out the horror stories.

I haven't done a tummy tuck, but I had a boob job and lipo in the stomach in april and I couldn't be happier, major confidence boost, it actually has inspired me to loose more weight. Thats partially why I am here, I am doing everything I can to maintain (or even improve) the results
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Your insurance may cover the cost but you will have to deal with some problems of it first.
  • helensmith32
    Options

Your insurance may cover the cost but you will have to deal with some problems of it first.

i dont know what medical insurance you have - but as far as im aware a tummy tuck is cosmetic and therfore not covered by insurance? see (http://atummytuckcost.com)