Trainer with no etiquette

Options
I left the office early today to get my workout in at the company gym and had to deal with a complete *kitten* trainer.

She was working with a client and had her stuff spread out all over the weight area even after she finished with the equipment.

She even went so far as to change out the settings on stuff that I was working on while I was between sets without any acknowledgement at all, and then not change it back when she was done.

I’m always very accommodating when somebody wants to work in on a machine, but this trainer didn’t seem concerned with anybody’s routine other than her client’s.

Not sure if I’m off base here, but it really pissed me off…which kind of helped me with my workout in a weird sort of way.

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    There's only one thing to do with someone like that.

Fart on (or very close to) them.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something you could possibly discuss with the trainer, if it were to happen again. Some people just need to have their eyes opened once in a while.
  • Always824
    Always824 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

This! ^
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    next time have a coughing fit on your hands...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    While I agree that it's annoying- I just want to say that at one of my previous gyms there was a rule that the trainer with a client gets preferential use of everything- and you weren't supposed to interfere with their workout. They could hog as many pieces of equipment to do circuit training as they wanted at a time. I guess because that person is paying extra for the gym time and instruction. It reminds me of how when you go skiing the people in lessons with instructors get to bypass the ski lift line. I'm not saying it's right, just saying it was an understood rule at my old gym.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    at our Y this is common.
  • tdm2592
    tdm2592 Posts: 30
    Options
    I kind of felt bad for her client and could tell she was embarrassed. If she does it again I'll try the farting tactic...
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    I kind of felt bad for her client and could tell she was embarrassed. If she does it again I'll try the farting tactic...
    Wise move! Report back with results.
  • tdm2592
    Options

I'll need to practice this weekend...gotta get this right the first time.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options

Dogs and kids are great for target practice. Good luck!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Was she cute?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    yet another reason why i avoid the gym.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Talk to someone at the gym and see if this is an accepted practice when a client and trainer are in an area. If not, now they are informed that they have a jerk trainer on their hands. If it is, then you are now informed on how things work.
  • tdm2592
    Options
    Was she cute?

Not really...kind of butch but with a nice rack.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I left the office early today to get my workout in at the company gym and had to deal with a complete *kitten* trainer.

She was working with a client and had her stuff spread out all over the weight area even after she finished with the equipment.

She even went so far as to change out the settings on stuff that I was working on while I was between sets without any acknowledgement at all, and then not change it back when she was done.

I’m always very accommodating when somebody wants to work in on a machine, but this trainer didn’t seem concerned with anybody’s routine other than her client’s.

Not sure if I’m off base here, but it really pissed me off…which kind of helped me with my workout in a weird sort of way.

That **** happens at my gym too, it's ridiculous.
  • tdm2592
    Options
    Talk to someone at the gym and see if this is an accepted practice when a client and trainer are in an area. If not, now they are informed that they have a jerk trainer on their hands. If it is, then you are now informed on how things work.

I do plan to ask, but I'm in there almost every night and none of the other trainers follow that protocol. It's a company facility so I'd be suprised if that is what they are expected to do. If I knew the client I'd be forced to mock them mercilessly next week.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options

That **** happens at my gym too, it's ridiculous.

I currently work out at my apt gym and i am usually the only one in there at 6AM so it doens't happen to me. I am also an LA Fitness member and if one of the staff did this to me I would COMPLAIN because that is just RUDE. I say work on farting in their general direction
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options

Make sure you fart and not shart! Don't want it to backfire on you, literally.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    That's annoying. There was some type of stupid circuit training class or something at my gym yesterday where they were running on treadmills and doing some other stuff... there were probably about 10 of them all in a row and each of them had a bar with really light weights on them... and those are the ones I need because I'm really weak lol.... but it was so annoying. They weren't even using the bars for the first 20 minutes that I noticed they were there. WTF. I saw one guy just standing there with the weighted bar standing up on it's end just leaning up against it. Helloooo I could be using that. I was in a bad mood though. It just really annoyed me because they were really light bars and I was like wtf do you need those super light weights for anyway? A lot of them were men and I'd be willing to bet they didn't need to be using 20-30 pound bars to lift with.
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options

^^^^^Lmao