Trying to get back on track agian

Options
So I have literally just not cared one bit for the past month of what I ate. Didn't log anything at all...and now i am back up 5-8 lbs :( I tried to get back on track but it was so hard before i just quit. Why is it so much harder to get back on track?? I don't want to be the fat ugly girl I was back in November 2011 so I have to do something. Anyone fallen completley off and then realized you need to get back on board. How did you go about getting back on track? My biggest thing is soda right now. :/ I don't want to give it up but know i need to.

Replies

• tireetje
    tireetje Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey ive had the same problem. i lost 9kg last year from Jan-Sept. then was stationary till Feb and completely fell off! (Exams and everything) Trying desperately to get back on track because i got a beach holiday planned (5weeks togo) I started exercising lots and trying to eat healthy and trying to log food most days. good luck! x
  • MelKurtonic
    Options
    Definitely been there and back and forth a couple times! Its difficult not only to get back on track but to stay there! Just keep your chin up and tell yourself you are doing this for you and no one else. I also come on here and read people's stories and timelines for motivation... set daily goals and dont eliminate everything all at once.. ween urself off the soda and take it day by day(went through the same phase) sure enough you will be drinking less and less and before you know it you wont have it nearly as often =^) its tough to keep up but just remember, you're worth it!
  • calimoma
    calimoma Posts: 64
    Options
    Dude, if anyone knows about getting off track, its me! lol! i have been off for about a month now and i feel so guilty! its not even the eating and tracking i have a hard time with...its beer, i really like it! but you cant lose and drink unless you only have like one. i plan on stopping sunday and getting back into the gym, hopefully this weekend. i think ive learned my lesson, i lost 4 lbs and then gained it back. damn beer!! good luck if you want to add me we can help eachother!!
  • oharab
    oharab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep. Just finished my first week "back on the wagon". I lost quite a lot last time, but it's all gone on again! Have not had a good couple of days with the diet, so am desperately trying to kickstart my head again to keep on track.
    You're welcome to friend me if you like.

B.
  • scrowl86
    scrowl86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got back on the wagon by fasting for one day, not a full fast, I had coffee for breakfast and cup of chicken broth for dinner and the following day I was full bore diet mode and until today I did GREAT! and today for lunch we had an office potluck...

I fall off the wagon so much I'm surprised I'm not damaged, but I want nothing more than to get smoe weight off.

I have never been that active on this site before, but I feel like this may be the deciding factor this time. The support. Let's do this!
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You girls are all so beautiful! Funny how we women are so good at sabotaging ourselves. Some really wise advice I was given very recently was that it is ME letting myself down. All the excuses under the sun don't make up for me not allowing my hunger for getting moving and achieving my goals. And I can hear that you are all HUNGRY for the same thing. There is always an excuse. Always. I am great at finding them, but they don't allow me to live fully and certainly they don't make me happy. So why don't we just all do what we KNOW makes us happy? Just get moving. I am new today to this site, and I really want to reassure and be reassured that it's ok to succeed. For some reason we seem to believe it's normal to fail. Sorry for the rant, I guess I am a little socially excited to be getting started and to have found people who sound just like me. Hope it lasts, and hope that next month we all pat each other on the back for results achieved.
  • calimoma
    calimoma Posts: 64
    Options
    You girls are all so beautiful! Funny how we women are so good at sabotaging ourselves. Some really wise advice I was given very recently was that it is ME letting myself down. All the excuses under the sun don't make up for me not allowing my hunger for getting moving and achieving my goals. And I can hear that you are all HUNGRY for the same thing. There is always an excuse. Always. I am great at finding them, but they don't allow me to live fully and certainly they don't make me happy. So why don't we just all do what we KNOW makes us happy? Just get moving. I am new today to this site, and I really want to reassure and be reassured that it's ok to succeed. For some reason we seem to believe it's normal to fail. Sorry for the rant, I guess I am a little socially excited to be getting started and to have found people who sound just like me. Hope it lasts, and hope that next month we all pat each other on the back for results achieved.

wow you are so right!! thanks!!
  • BHRussell
    BHRussell Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Been there done that a ew times, but real bad when I was PG. I was like who cares I am going to gain weight anyway who cares. Well looking back and 100 lbs I gained while pregnant. I know I would do things different.As for the soda, the stuff they put in soda is addictive. Try cutting back and don't drink anything with the cola syrup go with 7-up, sierra mist, mt dew or clear syrup soda. It helped me and then I weened myself off soda todally except for that splurge. Add as a friend if you like . I am a cali girl
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options
    Just got back on myself, I what you mean about how hard it is. My excuse was part medical but the other was not caring about what I ate or did for exercise. The way I got back on track was by signing up for a charity 5K walk/run for May. Therefore at the beginning of April, I went back to the gym doing 20 minutes on treadmill and low impact cardio. This helped get back on track and also helped finish my first 5k in forty-minutes. I have guilty days were I savor my favorite junk food (lemon cookies). But I know to get back,on track because I signed up for a 10K in October, so this keeps me going. I have hope that you will have success getting back on track and to your goal. Good luck:happy: