falling off the wagon = damage?

Options
just curious to know what mistakes people made through their journey for weight loss how bad was the slip up an how long it carried on for an what the damage was x

Replies

• _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon from January until April. I gained 10 pounds.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    March - June = 12lbs
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Vacations seem to be the ultimate slip up for me, but I have recovered and refocused this time. I let the exhaustion take charge of my food choices, but I didn't do it this time. Preparation is so important.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Week long slip of BBQ and eating over goal. Didn't gain, but didn't lose
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon from January until April. I gained 10 pounds.

how bad did you eat and drink if you dont mind me asking?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging from October of last year through January this year and I remained the same exact weight. I was working out everyday though.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    March - June = 12lbs

how long did it take to lose again? was it quicker than the first time round?
  • meliad
    meliad Posts: 71
    Options
    September 2011 -- May 2012- 10 lbs.

I eat vegetables and somewhat healthy foods for the most part in my regular life .... But I also enjoyed plenty of cocktails, wine, cheese, and carbohydrates!! If you need a break I suggest you continue to weigh yourself daily. Remember that a few bites of something can be as enjoyable as 50 bites of something.... unless we are talking wine and cocktails. YUM... (and so glad I have zero temptation tonight.)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    What mistakes? There are no mistakes, there are only lessons to be learned. And there is no damn wagon. The journey you are on is not a DIET as to popular belief...it is a lifestyle. Make the choice and take action to succeed.

/endthread
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    After losing 80 lbs on Adkins - and keeping it off for 8+ months, family madness sent me spiraling into old emotional eating. That lasted for a long time, and over time I gained all of it back plus.
    Then several years later I lost 40 with a 'diet plan' and exercise, but hit an emotional block. Just stuck. Once I started eating regular food again, it all came back plus.

This last December, I started again. No funky diets, but healthy, clean eating and excercise. I did stumble in March-ish, for a couple of weeks. I was sick for one, and then injured my ankle. If I didn't have a trainer that I have a contract with, it would have been easy to stop. So, very glad that it just was a 'moment'. This last few weeks has been tough again. No major reasons, just not getting my cardio in as consistent, and allowing a few extra treats that I had been. I did gain some water weight, due to extra sodium - but didn't let it slide too far. This week I have been insistent on getting my workouts, and making good food choices, and I got the extra off, and dropped almost a pound.
    For me, having another person to be accountable to, and have the specific commitment to, has made a world of difference.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    March - June = 12lbs

how long did it take to lose again? was it quicker than the first time round?

I went on vacation didn't actually do too badly but when I came home I didn't get back into my usual routine! The meals and snacks were usually pretty healthy but the portions were getting bigger, the treats were getting more frequent and the workouts less frequent! I've been yo-yoing a bit since March and I am finding it harder to take it off again, but I find it easier to lose weight and stay committed to my healthy lifestyle September thru March so that may have something to do with it too!!:wink:
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Past week or so has been bad, but I'm just hanging out at the same weight. Still tracking, just too focused on work stuff to deal with food (not to mention a sick household).