Gluten

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for gluten free dieting?

Replies

• cathryn1158
    Options
    Hello I noticed that the calorie tool did have Gluten products. Have you seen them. My freind need gluten free food. So i have a small understanding of ur condition. Ask a diatition for advice or look on the internet. Let me know how u get on. Sorry about the spelling i am dyslexic.
    cathryn
  • my365challenge
    my365challenge Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm gfreeandclean - feel free to add me and check out my food log.
  • scriptedgenius
    Options
    I'm recently diagnosed with Celiacs. What I do to make sure that I don't eat gluten is a couple of things. First, I removed all gluten from the household - my whole family is gluten free now. Second, I only buy ingredients that are gluten free on the label, the product website, or on the app I downloaded (it's called "Is that Gluten Free?"). Third, as for eating out, I use findmeglutenfree.com, which shows me all gluten free options. There are also iOS and Android apps that use GPS to locate places near you.

If you can't have any gluten, make sure that the product does NOT say "manufactured in a facility that also processes wheat." Cross-contamination can cause real issues. Trader Joe's is famous for advertising gluten free on the price tags but having risk of cross-contamination. Otherwise, you should be okay. It's a learning process, but so far the food tastes much better.