• kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt and serve immediately.

Serves: 6; Calories: 109; Total Fat: 7 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 4 grams; Total carbohydrates: 10 grams; Sugar: 2 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 269 milligrams

Somtimes I like to add a little turkey bacon as well.

This is how I cook mine as well and they are delicious!!!
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, so good roasted and crispy with garlic and olive oil. Totally different taste then when they are boiled to death.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Roast them with this;

2011-11-06%252017.08.26.jpg
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Roasted with olive oil and salt.

or, to be super decadent: a la Emeril- roasted with sausage or bacon, or ham, or.... and then topped with parmesan cheese.

^^^^this
  • knittermom07
    knittermom07 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love them this is what I do , I rinse them , remove a few of the outer leaves then chop them in halves throw on a cookie sheet or shallow baking pan, drizzle olive oil salt and pepper throw them in the oven 400 degrees for about 15 to 18 minutes depending on your taste i like mine a little crisp or slightly burned, MMMM MMM , i think i might have me some too

^^^^^ Like this, soooo yummy! My mouth is watering!
  • headlock_lynn
    headlock_lynn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So good to see I'm not the only person in the world who LIKES Brussels sprouts! I just cut off the bottom end of the stalk. Remove a couple of the lower leaves and steam for a few minutes until tender. Butter and pepper. They are our families traditional Christmas vegs.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Roasted with olive oil and salt.

or, to be super decadent: a la Emeril- roasted with sausage or bacon, or ham, or.... and then topped with parmesan cheese.
    [I roast mine with olive oil, celery salt and dill seed...]
  • mrscarrey
    mrscarrey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Saving for later =)
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a way to cook them that I don't like them! All of the suggestions are great.
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I blanch them, then toss them in a tablespoon of olive oil, dried cranberries and some pancetta. delicious.
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This blogger is really into brussel sprouts and has some good ideas. It appears she eats only vegan recipes tho.

http://theveganronin.wordpress.com/category/brussels-sprouts/
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Roast them with this;

2011-11-06%252017.08.26.jpg

^THIS^
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Saute them with garlic, ginger, lemon, and cooking oil. Then at the end, add toasted sesame oil, and the tiniest drop of maple syrup.
  • boliven
    boliven Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    dice sauté in olive oil with veggie bacon and balsamic glaze.
  • plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    roasted with butter and chopped pecans
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I slice the sprouts and lots of onion on a mandolin. Toss it in a sauté pan with a little coconut oil and sea salt. If I'm feeling really wild, I let it cool a bit and wrap it in a rice paper wrap. Oh, and sometimes I add minced garlic too. Delish!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I blanch them, then toss them in a tablespoon of olive oil, dried cranberries and some pancetta. delicious.
    that tsounds fab
  • lisa7nicole
    Options
    YUMMY!! I must try this! :)
    Thanks for the idea!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I'm boring. I just steam them and consume them plain LOL