I Have No Self Control!!!

Options
I had to have my chocolate fix, so I bought me a Lindt Milk Chocolate with Hazelnuts - My Favorite! I said I'll just have two squares after my dinner, then 2 became 4, then 4 became 8, as it grew exponentially. Before I knew it, I consumed the whole bar!
Now I feel bad ... but it feels oh so good to the pallete! Hits the spot, I tell you.

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Indulging every now and again is alright. Try to strengthen your self-control by putting all but what you are going to eat away. Kind of out of site out of mind thing.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Some stores you can by the little squares (usually Ghirardelli) that is what I do. So I only buy 1 or 2 squares then i can't binge later. Maybe next time pick up some choco above 72%. The dark chocolate most people eat less of because of the richer taste and it also is lower in sugar and higher in antioxidants.
  • cristianl47
    Options
    Haha i do the same thing someone wants to go out i say no at first and then im like fine i will just eat one thing and then after the night is over i had like 10 beers and alot of food but thats why the next day is for wake up and work your but of trying to burn all those calories you had.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Next time buy the same brand but dark chocolate. The higher percentage, the better at controlling your desire for more. It tastes good, but you definitely won't want more than 2 squares at a time.

This is coming from someone who a year ago couldn't even fathom people actually buying and enjoying dark chocolate. It's the only kind I buy now and a bar is able to last me a couple of weeks.
  • venom1427
    venom1427 Posts: 1
    Options
    try substiuting like i do. if i like something i find a healthier more efficient way to eat it
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    What is the problem? You have to enjoy your lifestyle or you will not be able to sustain it over a lifetime. If you approach it as a lifestyle instead of "being on a diet" nothing is forbidden, you just have to juggle the calories a bit. No guilt as long as you achieve your goals.

If you go over a bit one day, be under a bit the next. As long as you break even over the course of a week it's all good.

Enjoy your life, just be healthy and happy doing it.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I had to have my chocolate fix,
    I felt the same way after dinner tonight so I had a Nature Valley Oats and Dark Chocolate granola bar. It's not quite candy but it's really chocolaty tasting. I actually forgot I had a few of those left. They make good snacks. You have to indulge in a treat every now and then for sure. Just so long as you're not making it a regular habit then enjoy it but make sure and log the calories. :smile:
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I try to just never do it, as I do the same, I can never stop at just one and before I know it it's game over for me and the chocolate.

A good substitude is fat free chocolate pudding. It fills the chocolate need with less calories for me and you have to stop at one cup if that's all you have!