Why do I gain the day after I take a day off excercise?

Options
So my day off working out was yesterday I ate under my calories nothing new and weighed myself this morning at the same time with the same clothes after the bathroom and it said I gained 1 pound. It happend last week on my day off also any one any idea why this is happens?

Replies

• silverbullet07
    silverbullet07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that you retained 1 lb of water that you normally sweat away exercising.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Same thing happened to me but I gained 5 pounds and I am sure it was because of the food I ate. It had a lot more salt than i am used to. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    When you work out, you create tiny micro-tears in the fibers of your muscles. Rest days enable your body to repair the tears and build/rebuild the muscle. This repair creates water retention, and is probably what you are seeing when you step on the scale.
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    When you work out, you create tiny micro-tears in the fibers of your muscles. Rest days enable your body to repair the tears and build/rebuild the muscle. This repair creates water retention, and is probably what you are seeing when you step on the scale.

Interesting. I always wondered about that.
  • marisposa
    marisposa Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Makes sense thanks :) I still hate my scale though!