How To Satisfy Sweet Cravings without sugar/sweeteners?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
Is there anything other than fruit, that you can eat to safisfy a sweet tooth, without the refined sugar and sweeteners put in most 'diet' sweet products?

Replies

• misspersimmon
    Options
    I use stevia and fruit. I also eat refined sugar simply because I like it and am (mostly) able to be moderate about it. But I love a few drops of stevia with some fruit and some vanilla extract in plain yogurt. A few drops of stevia in my coffee can be really satisfying too.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello pudding with lite cool whip and a sliced banana does the trick for me
  • ibtough
    ibtough Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Check out McDonalds icecream cones. They are 140 calories and are my (every so often) You'll have to check the nutrient information to see if it fits what you are doing. I also stock up on SF Russel Stover candy and s/f Reeses. The calories aren't bad and the taste is REALLY good. Hang in there!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I ♥ Truvia- I've tried other brands of granulated stevia, and this is the only brand (in my personal opinion)
    that isn't bitter to me.

well, Equate (WalMart brand) TASTES the same, but if you figure out the TRUE cost, it ISN'T cheaper.
    The individual packets are MUCH smaller, so per ounce it is NOT cheaper.

again- MY opinion.

I satisfy a LOT of sugar cravings
    w/ plain Greek yogurt flavored w/ stevia.
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    Options
    Strange as it may sound, I just made (and devoured) some yellow squash chips...They have a unique sweetness to them.
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you can, abstain completely. It does get easier. The sugar cravings stop. I don't crave what I don't eat...
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    If you can, abstain completely. It does get easier. The sugar cravings stop. I don't crave what I don't eat...

^^^ WOW, you, my dear are SUPER WOMAN.

I'd sell out my best friend for a piece of chocolate. Sorta joking.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Honey roasted peanuts? Greek yogurt w/fruit compote?
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Looked into stevia, but not sure which is the best form to get for both hot drinks and for adding to desserts? Seem to be so many kinds and I dont want to go the truvia or purevia route as both have other things added to them. Is honey and agave any healthier than pure white sugar and artificial sweeteners?
  • kathleenp518
    kathleenp518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz recommends Stevia and agave.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I drink Ovaltine (chocolate malt mix. 40 calories for 2 tbsp) with milk almost everyday. Protein, vitamins, alot of other good stuff for only 150 calories! Plus satisfy most of my sweet tooth
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Strawberries :) and dark chocolate (in moderation of course)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia, I have tried others and this is the only one that I like....Also, if you crave chocolate drink the choclate flavored protein shakes...This is what I do instead of eating chocolates or drinking chocolate milk and I get more protein this way..Win win!! :)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Looked into stevia, but not sure which is the best form to get for both hot drinks and for adding to desserts? Seem to be so many kinds and I dont want to go the truvia or purevia route as both have other things added to them. Is honey and agave any healthier than pure white sugar and artificial sweeteners?

I don't think "healthier" is the best word, but they are certainly "cleaner" as they are still in their natural form. White sugar and artificial sweeteners are processed (obviously). If I really want a sweetener, I either use Stevia in the Raw (strictly bc it's zero calorie) or honey (when I have the calories and carbs to fit it in).