HELP! I'm in need on Low impact exercise!!

Options
So I have early stage Cervical Cancer, so I had to have a pretty awful biopsy today, Because of the cramping and bleeding, The doctor told me not to exercise for at least 5-7 days! I'm going to be in a sedimentary position for at least the next 2 days, But i really Need to work out! I usually do Pilates/yoga/Jumping jacks/Latin dancing every night and Now I'm worried about not working out!

Anyone know of any Really LOW impact exercises I can do ?

Replies

• AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't do anything. I've had a biopsy (although I'm sure not as invasive and thorough as yours) and if the doctor says no exercise, I wouldn't exercise. Your cervix needs to heal, they just cut part of it off/out!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pp, doc says don't do anything, don't. You need to heal.
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Rest for a few days and take care of yourself. You will be back in the game soon! Wishes for a speedy recovery...:flowerforyou:
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    Agreed. Let yourself heal 5-7 days isn't really that long of a recovery time. When you start back easy into it. Maybe try a recumbent bike at first.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be in a sedimentary position for at least the next 2 days,

Well mud is good for the skin apparently. Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyhow, I agree with the others.. Do as your doc says. They typically know what they are doing. Hope you have good results.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    just posted this on my page today -- Chair cardio workout -- ideas for those with injuries or recovering from surgery on legs/feet -- from the director at my gym.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KKB5glk9fE
  • Shrinkingmam0429
    Shrinkingmam0429 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be in a sedimentary position for at least the next 2 days,

Well mud is good for the skin apparently. Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyhow, I agree with the others.. Do as your doc says. They typically know what they are doing. Hope you have good results.

Touche. lol

Yeah, it's hard because I'm a Nurse, about to be a PA, But health care professionals are the worst patients!

& Thank you!