A cure for bloating?

Options
The past week I've been feeling extremely bloated, not like I gained weight...but like I'm a balloon! And I don't know how to get rid of the feeling. Does anyone know how to get rid of the bloating?

Replies

• adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's probably a change in your diet. Did you add anything new or starting eating more of something? You could have an intolerance especially to nuts, seeds, popcorn, corn, or gluten. All of these can cause a lot of bloating and gas if you are intolerant to them.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You could try digestive enzymes (like papaya enzyme) or probiotics (like acidophilous pearls or just regular yogurt).

Did you change anything in your diet? Sounds like a possible food sensitivity (wheat, lactose, etc)?
  • Kaalley
    Kaalley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did eat a lot of almonds last weekend...right before I started feeling like this. But thats basically it. I haven't really changed my diet
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    Options
    Pay close attention to your sodium intake. Some veggies can cause that, too. Broccoli does for me. Before I started paying attention to my sodium, I was consuming at least 3500mg/day. I average about 1800-2000/day now and have noticed a HUGE difference. I've replaced my salt shaker with Mrs. Dash and Salt-Free McCormick all-purpose seasoning.
  • SistaHope
    SistaHope Posts: 23
    Options
    WATER WATER WATER!!!! You should be drinking 1ounce/per 1 lb of body weight. Most of us don't drink enough water. I flavor mine with a hint of fruit juice, or propel flavor packets. Citrus fruits will help too; Grapefruit, clementines.. SUGAR (Carbs and processed foods) will make you bloat, so flood yourself. Can you get to a steam room? A sauna? That will help too. Now that I'm completely de-toxed from sugar and processed foods and drink plenty of water, I NEVER bloat. It's amazing! Blessings!