ENERGY TREATS! NO BAKING!!!

Options
ZiezieO
ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
I found a recipe to top all of those convenience store energy bars!

No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup (dry) oatmeal or old fashioned oats
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Method:

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Makes about 20-25 balls.

DELISH!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5f8q0R2Wm1r99cwjo1_400.jpg

Replies

• lavr
    lavr Posts: 19
    Options
    this looks so delicious. i actually really want to try this.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yum! That sounds like my kind of energy snack. :-)
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • CandiHanson
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Has anyone figured out how to enter the Energy treats on the log?
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    These are absolutely my favorite healthy snack. Except i don't put 1/2 cup of flax its too much and makes them taste like nothing but flax. Cut it down to 1/4
  • kbarton8183
    Options
    These are known as the famous Peanut Butter Balls, and they are delicious!
    But beware:

I fell in love with them,. and yes, they are a great pre-workout snack for energy, or if your running around and need something quick in between meals. However, i added up the ingredients and each ball is approximately 150 calories EACH! I'm sure they are also packed with a lot of fat (even though it is good fats , from the PB) and that also depends on the size of the balls as well.

Don't get me wrong, i am still sticking by my yummy PB balls, just cutting back on them a little. :)
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    These are known as the famous Peanut Butter Balls, and they are delicious!
    But beware:

I fell in love with them,. and yes, they are a great pre-workout snack for energy, or if your running around and need something quick in between meals. However, i added up the ingredients and each ball is approximately 150 calories EACH! I'm sure they are also packed with a lot of fat (even though it is good fats , from the PB) and that also depends on the size of the balls as well.

Don't get me wrong, i am still sticking by my yummy PB balls, just cutting back on them a little. :)

I TOTALLY agree, everything in moderation. I make mine into about tablespoon size balls and limit myself to 2 at a time MAX! They're tasty and good to hold you over, but madly addicting!
  • cherisekntz
    cherisekntz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    can you make them into bars? are they ok for kids? and do you have the nutritional facts by chance? Thx!
  • AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish but where would i find the flaxseed???