P90x, Insanity, Tapout, or 30DS

Options
Sorry if this has been done before, but I think i'm ready to start on a strength training program. I like the bodyweight/cardio/strength in one programs. I have read alot of good things on p90x, Insanity, Tapout, and 30ds. I want to know the good/bad and which you prefer and why. I currently do Zuzka's ZWOW workouts on youtube and love them, but I am looking for something else to go along with it and would like to try one of these programs from start to finish. Thank you in advance. :smile:

Replies

• Lindsay0405
    Options
    I finished Insanity about a month ago. It was brutal but I stuck it out and saw great results from it. I lost about 20lbs and over 20 inches total. I liked Insanity because you rotate video's everyday and it's not the same video every day getting old.
  • appi1981
    appi1981 Posts: 45
    Options
    Just started tap out on day 6 loving it
  • wihappycow
    wihappycow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did p90x and I actually found it to be a good fit for me. It's not a ton of cardio which I loved! The focus is definitely on the upper body, but does give attention to the core and lower half. If you love Yoga then day 6 is for you, it's 1 hour and half long!!!! Other then skipping the yoga most weeks I got great results from it and lost around 10 lb, I didn't have much to lose back then and I definitely put on muscle!

I recently gave insanity a try but quickly stopped because there was so much jumping, too high impact on my joints no matter how softly I tried to land. It's a cardio lovers favorite and a weight lifters worst nightmare. Whatever you decide, good luck and I hope you have a successful jouney,
  • FatToFit12
    FatToFit12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. I will be gone the rest of the weekend if anyone else posts, but I will check back monday.
  • FatToFit12
    Options
    wow thats a great loss

eta: Oops ment to quote Lindsay
  • FatToFit12
    Options
    I did p90x and I actually found it to be a good fit for me. It's not a ton of cardio which I loved! The focus is definitely on the upper body, but does give attention to the core and lower half. If you love Yoga then day 6 is for you, it's 1 hour and half long!!!! Other then skipping the yoga most weeks I got great results from it and lost around 10 lb, I didn't have much to lose back then and I definitely put on muscle!

I recently gave insanity a try but quickly stopped because there was so much jumping, too high impact on my joints no matter how softly I tried to land. It's a cardio lovers favorite and a weight lifters worst nightmare. Whatever you decide, good luck and I hope you have a successful jouney,
    I am also a little worried about the impact on my knees, its hard for me to do lunges. I actually do them with one leg on a chair. Seems to be easier on my knees.
  • Mattgd24
    Mattgd24 Posts: 31
    Options
    p90x!! the total body blaster...p90x2 is even better too :)
  • FatToFit12
    Options

To start would you reccomend the p90x2 or start with the regular one.
  • Mattgd24
    Mattgd24 Posts: 31
    Options

To start would you reccomend the p90x2 or start with the regular one.

definitely the regular one. p90x2 is VERY intense, so you need a good p90x foundation first
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have P90X and its collecting dust. I have tried it about 5 times and its too intense for someone like me that hasn't been exercising. I have 30ds and even though it seems intense, it is doable and I love it!! I just got to start doing it everyday, I'm lazy and only exercise when I feel like it. :) But I have lost 18 pounds, not from exercising though, just watching what I eat.
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I like 30 day shred, but there are a good amount of lunges. Just an FYI since you commented on lunges not working too well for you.

I burn over 300 calories (use a HRM) doing 6 week 6 pick abs. That wasn't on your list. But if the objective is calorie burning, you should try it out!
  • FatToFit12
    Options
    I like 30 day shred, but there are a good amount of lunges. Just an FYI since you commented on lunges not working too well for you.

I burn over 300 calories (use a HRM) doing 6 week 6 pick abs. That wasn't on your list. But if the objective is calorie burning, you should try it out!

I had not heard of that one, I will definatly check it out......thanks.