I'm new here and I need all the support I can get!!

Hi my name is Tenicia and I no where near where I want to be I'm do discouraged and Im down to the wire. I've been on pills, cleansers, workout programs, weight watchers... Etc. I'm leaning towards gastric bypass because I'm down to my wits end! Family and friends are begging me not to so I'm reaching out further this time! I need support!

Replies

• hey honey feel free to add me i have a lot of advice and knowledge to share xoxo
  • Hey feel free to add me...and listen to your family.. Gastric Bypass can be really dangerous and I've personally known 2 people who have died from it. Fall down 8 times get back up 9. Keep an open mind with this site -- there is a lot of information and a lot of opinions but at the end of the day, there is no secret to losing weight - it's just dedication and TIME. You can do it the healthy way =]
  • Determined_21
    Determined_21 Posts: 17 Member
    You & I both girl!...I've tried all kinds of pills, shakes, nutrisystem, etc...& always seem to fall off after 2wks or so. I started again 2days ago...hoping this time it's a success! Always blamed it on "birth" & now my daughter is 3 & I have NO EXCUSE! =/...time to cut the b.s & conquer this weight control once & for all!...hope you add me so we can see how we progress together! GOODLUCK! =)
  • kittenmcgowan
    kittenmcgowan Posts: 83 Member
    Sweetie please don't take this the wrong way but GB surgery isn't the answer. It's willpower. That's really hard to have on your own, which is why we work together, on here, with family and friends etc. What it sounds like you need is to make your diary public, get lots of random friends on here and remember to BE HONEST because if you lie, you're cheating yourself out of your own goal.

In the real world, look for a friend who will drag you out of the house and MAKE you walk when you don't want to, and you can do the same for them when they have a low-motivation day. Bring out the BEST in each other not the WORST and you'll bring out the BEST in yourself, and you'll feel so amazing. I know because I have started taking those same steps myself in the last few weeks and it's working like nothing has ever worked before! Best of luck to you hun!
  • Hi! You are on the right path! Make a food and exercise plan.
    Don't be afraid to try new stuff. There is a website called
    Hungry Girl that has lots of great recipes. Remember
    YOU are doing this for YOU and YOU are important!
    Good Luck!
  • belle94509
    belle94509 Posts: 21
    Hi! You are on the right path! Make a food and exercise plan.
    Don't be afraid to try new stuff. There is a website called
    Hungry Girl that has lots of great recipes. Remember
    YOU are doing this for YOU and YOU are important!
    Good Luck!

HG recipes are good too! Check it out! I LOVE making these! And she gives WW points values if u are on WW. Don't get discouraged! We are all in this together!! I know I am!!
  • feel free to add me hun,

once you get into the swing of it it'll be so easy - much easier than weight watchers and their counting "points" I seem to have so much more freedom when counting calories

xxxxx
  • hi im new on here im looking to lose 2 stone ,not happy with my waight and got no wil power
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome to MFP! This place is amazing for the level of support you can get, the tools available and the results that can be seen with work and determination! This site honestly was the only thing that worked, I tried doing it on my own and it's just not the same. Being here every day, logging everything I eat (most of the time, I do forget some days :P) and knowing that it just gets easier once you start are the main reasons I'm a couple of stone (28lbs at least! I lost a small bit before starting here, but it's THIS place and the people here that have made the difference) down from this time last year!

This place is all about just logging, I mean I still have days where I eat chocolate or crisps or whatever, and the best part of it is, now I'm here, I don't feel that awful guilt about the "bad food" I've eaten as it's all included in my calorie limit :D No cutting anything out completely for me! Woohoo!

Feel free to add me if you want, and I really hope that this place is as good for you as it has been for me. Life changing! You've got the willpower that makes me believe it will be!

1397731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    I'd love to be your friend on MFP! This works I've done WW ,Atkins, ect this works & it's free! I'm on here everyday and I love supporting people & getting support. I agree w your family & friends you can do it this way & not the other way! Commit to this journey you won't be disappointed! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Hi, I will send you a friends request. I have tried countless times to lose weight, manage to get 20 or so pounds off then put 40 back on! I started on MFP January 1st this year and haven't looked back. It's all about portion size, and getting moving! I bought some kitchen scales and a pedometer ( total about £20, a lot cheaper than WW meetings!) and am 60lbs down :-) still have 80 to go, you can do it without surgery, and with support from others on here you will enjoy doing it! All the best!
  • Jimmy_Jojo
    Jimmy_Jojo Posts: 27 Member
    Feel free to add me. I made an account awhile ago, but have only just found the motivation to really start properly! I'd more than happy to offer any support you need, it's a tough journey