COME ON!!!

Options
OK, 5 weeks and only 5 pounds. I have about 30 pounds to lose. I record everything I eat, and have exercised every day for the past 4 weeks and have only lost 5 pounds!! I am so frustrated. I have exercised hard for the last 4 weeks, and was previously a couch potato!! And I have researched the "making muscle...weighs more than fat" thing, and most of the experts say that this is just not true. Oh, and my clothes aren't feeling any looser either!!! I'm ready to throw in the towel and head for a drive thru!!! Has anybody out there had the same thing happen??? Does it start to come off faster later???

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    How are you counting your food calories? Are you weighing and measuring your food?
    How are you counting your exercise calories? Are you using an HRM?
    What is your BMR?
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
    How many calories a day are you eating?
    What is your deficit?
    What is your sodium level like?
    Is your exercise all cardio or are you adding some strength / weight training also?

ETA: 5 lbs in 5 weeks is perfect. 1 lb per week for needing to lose 30 lbs is right on track.
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It also depends on what you are eating. How are you doing with that? Drinking lots more water? Everyone's body reacts differently to change, and as you said, you were previously a couch potato, so your body has some adjusting to do.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    think you're being way to hard on yourself ... slow and steady (wins the race) and also means you will keep it off in the long run
  • carlageek
    carlageek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    think you're being way to hard on yourself ... slow and steady (wins the race) and also means you will keep it off in the long run

Agreed - a pound per week is an excellent average rate of loss. Instead of being pissed off that it isn't going faster, kiss those pounds goodbye and be proud of yourself for losing them. Look around you and think about how many people don't even get as far as you have, and just keep gaining, gaining ...

Your process is working. Stick with it and it will keep working. What's your rush? The time will pass anyhow. You are losing weight. It's all good.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Just finishing week 3 of Power 90 and only lost my initial 4 pounds of probably water weight in the beginning. Nada in 2 weeks, even though I'm doing everything right, including what I'm eating, when I'm eating, how much I'm eating. Taking supplments, killing myself in the workouts...

In my head, I know this is what's supposed to happen and that it will eventually start coming off, but in my heart I can't help but be anxious that it's not going to start dropping. We just have to hang in there!
  • nlawing
    nlawing Posts: 36
    Options
    1 lb. per week should be exactly what you aim for. It's a slow process. Patience is key. Those 30 lbs. didn't just appear in a month.
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    1lb a week is exactly right for a slow and steady weight loss. Keep up the good work i say.
  • Puppygirl29
    Options
    Everyone gets frustrated but DON'T give up!
    When you exercise make sure you are sweating!
    Maybe try a different type of exercise or alternate styles.
    Also, be aware of everything you eat - salad dressings,etc.
    Sometimes if you tweek your diet or try something new
    it will help move things along. Make sure you get
    enough fiber, too. Remember - Patience is a virtue!
    Good Luck! You are doing GREAT!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I got about 100 lbs in total to lose. I am losing about a lb per week and am happy.

You didn't piled all that weight suddenly. Take it slow and enjoy the ride
  • BeniGee
    BeniGee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please, pleas do not give up!! As suggested try different types of exercise also look at your food groups, I myself have to eat a higher protein diet as eating carbohydrates keeps the weight on, also I find that the slightest drop of alcohol passing my lips piles the weight on due to fluid retention! As someone else mentioned at least you are loosing weight so keep up the good work:happy:
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    seriously, a pound a weeks good! we loose weight at difffernt rates, so just stick with what you are doing, i expect you didnt gain an extra 30lbs in a month, and loosing is harder for the body to do than it is to gain. just keep at what you are doing. change up your exercises and the routine you do them in every 12 or so days!