What do I look like to you?? (pics)

Options
OK, this may sounds like an odd question but I wanted to know what other people perceive me as... to me I look disgusting, (I am not fishing for compliments here I honestly have a strange body image problem and what I see makes me really unhappy).

When I look at myself in the mirror I see someone who looks like a UK14, now I know I dont wear size 14 clothes, I am pretty much a ** but I dont think I look like people who are **'s. Does this make any sense? So my question is what size do I look like to you? I've **'d out what I fit into as I dont want to sway anyones thoughts.

160612.jpg

1606123.jpg

1606122.jpg

Replies

• hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I think your body looks very similar to mine, and I'm a 10-12 depending on the shop. So that'd be my guess! Definitely not a 14 and look at that toned stomach!
  • belle94509
    belle94509 Posts: 21
    Options
    I see NOTHING wrong with you!! You look AWESOME!! My only thought was, "maybe can get toned?!" Honestly you look great.
  • johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Imo you look fantastic .
  • thewingnut13
    thewingnut13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look great! Nothing wrong!
  • NZsleever
    NZsleever Posts: 20
    Options
    I wanna look like you!! Just right to me and with NZ sizing i'd say a size 10 at the largest which I'd kill to be oneday soon! Hope you can get over your body issues and see what you really look like when looking in the mirror which is beautiful:smile:
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    OK, this may sounds like an odd question but I wanted to know what other people perceive me as... to me I look disgusting

Well what I can I say that won't get me banned?

I think you're quite attractive and you have a nice bottom. You look like you could be a size 10, but I'm no expert.
  • lizw123
    lizw123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree with others, you look to me as if you are just the right weight. You look wonderful. If I looked as good as you, I would be over the moon. I would say you have a lovely hourglass figure, with no unsightly bulges, just in the right proportions.

Do you have self-esteem issues? I have and I am finding Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is helping.
  • mikem45
    mikem45 Posts: 35
    Options
    Id say you look like a 10 to me if i seen you out i'd probably go all Joey Tribbiani on you - How you doin?
  • lizw123
    lizw123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    just had a quick look at your profile pic, which shows you're a pretty girl as well. Quick read of what you say also seems to me to indicate that you maybe don't need to lose any more weight. Have a word with your GP to see what he or she thinks about that. Maybe you could then speak to a trainer to devise a programme to just keep you fit and toned, rather than trying to lose more weight. Remember the weight, once it's within healthy parameters, is just a number. It's your shape that counts and that is really very good.

I hope you have a lovely wedding in November; You will look beautiful, I promise.
  • PureWin
    PureWin Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't know about UK sizes, but you look like a US 8/10. I'd be thrilled to be your size, you look good.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    You have an amazing body which looks smaller than mine and I'm a 12 so I'd say 10. Average is 14 right so even if you were a 14 so what? Be happy with who you are *hugs* x
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    12 below, 10ish up top. I think you should fold the top of your shorts down or wear lower cut bottoms, high waisted shorts always make you look bigger than you are.
  • Fat_to_muscles
    Options
    Well, you look like me!! It's almost weird how similar we look. And I'm a UK size 10, so I would have never estimated you to be a 14. And I'm jealous at your abs! Gem, you look fantastic and have nothing to worry about. Go for a walk in town today, and compare yourself to other adult women. You'll see that 90% would love to have your body :) XX
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    You look quite good. I'm not sure why you think you have a strange body.

Not sure of your diet/exercise details, but I think a bit more strength training would make you look even better. If you're already doing this, then keep it up.

But again, not sure what the problem is, to be honest. Most women would probably be happy to have your body.

--Prahasaurus
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look healthy, you look like you eat sensibly and exercise and you really dont have anything to be hung up about.

If i had to describe you in 1 word id say 'sporty'
  • clairetwoboys
    clairetwoboys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd say about a 10 - but honestly, those labels are meaningless. You look great, you should enjoy the fact that you have a slim, healthy body and try not to get too hung up it. Believe me I know it's not easy - I have spent hours comparing myself to others (and never measuring up well!) so I do understand - when I look back at photos of myself at aged 20 I can't believe how good I looked, as I spent the whole time thinking I was fat/.inadequate compared to everyone around me. I wasn't - it was all in my head and I could kick myself now for wasting all that time and negative energy. Please believe the comments on here - no one would look at you and think you are fat/chubby whatever. You are very lucky - enjoy it! x
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I don't know about UK sizes, but you look like a US 8/10. I'd be thrilled to be your size, you look good.

I think US 8/10 is a UK 12/14??
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    And by the way, nobody is perfect.

I love this site, it can be incredibly helpful. However, it can also put too much pressure on people to craft the "perfect" body, whatever that means... I'm guilty, too, as I've become a bit obsessed since joining MFP.

This can be a good thing, as it's a great motivator. I want my six pack abs! ;-) However, my guess is that it's not usually the people around us that are applying pressure for us to get thinner, stronger, flatter, firmer, etc. We mainly do it to ourselves. The people who care about us - truly care about us - want us to be healthy, of course, but certainly don't expect perfection.

As someone noted here once, you don't have to be perfect. Just try to be a bit better. Exercise and a good diet are not the "ends," but the means. It's about leading a long, happy, content life, meaningful for yourself and those close to you.

--Prahasaurus
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I think you look like someone who needs to see a councillor. You're not disgusting and he fact you use such hateful language about yourself is worrying.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You look great to me! :flowerforyou: