• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt and serve immediately.

Serves: 6; Calories: 109; Total Fat: 7 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 4 grams; Total carbohydrates: 10 grams; Sugar: 2 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 269 milligrams

Sometimes I like to add a little turkey bacon as well.

And don't forget to give credit to Ina Garten for the recipe ;)
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I shred them (either with a knife or use the cheese grater) - and sautee in olive oil with garlic, salt pepper and pancetta/bacon. I then toss them through linguine or spaghetti with a splash of cream and top with parmesan cheese. LUSH! :)
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    l love brussel sprouts, have never tried them roasted. I'm going to try them that way, sounds yum.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I buy fresh brussel sprouts and saute them in olive oil, with garlic, salt and pepper and sometimes onions.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
  • BenisaMartim4
    BenisaMartim4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm from MS, so I cook them Paula Dean style. We take the seasoned iron skillet and throw in a couple pieces of thick cut bacon and fry till crispy. Then you remove the bacon and throw in the sprouts and fry them up in in bacon grease. When they are warm and toasty brown, put them on a serving platter and crumble the bacon over the top. Umm-umm! Make you want to slap yo mama :laugh:
  • SCBrennan999
    SCBrennan999 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Roasted with minced garlic with salt, pepper and olive oil. Keep it simple. Brussel sprouts have so much delicious flavor by themselves that you don't want to over power it with too much stuff. <3
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Parboil for about five minutes then sautee with red onion and garlic and olive oil. When they begin to turn golden brown they are done.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    steam them suckers on thier own yum!
    or
    cook them,then add to frying pan add bacon and hazlenuts and heat all up! super yum!